Does racism still exist? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does racism still exist?

Bull crap. Sexual attraction has nothing to do with race. That statement is akin to saying if someone is attracted to blondes, they are prejudice to gingers.

I'm glad you agreed with my point. Sexual attraction should not be governed by race. However, this is not the case for some.

If you exclude an entire race (such as whites, blacks, asians, or other people of colour) for whom you have sex with, then you are making race an issue.

Sorry, bunny, but how is my statement illogical? My statement of "no blacks, no asians=racist" is not equivalent to your statement of "yes blacks, yes asians=racist". You may like blacks and asians, and still like other races. :bunny::tweety:

Sure it exists. I just think here in NA we do get a little better every generation.

If you think racism is a "white" problem only, you are naïve beyond belief.

Sure it exists. I just think here in NA we do get a little better every generation.

If you think racism is a "white" problem only, you are naïve beyond belief.

Bingo. Everywhere in the world minorities are "picked" on. We just hear it from this perspective cause of our geography.

Bull crap. Sexual attraction has nothing to do with race. That statement is akin to saying if someone is attracted to blondes, they are prejudice to gingers.

Agreed. While there are always exceptions, I'm generally attrated to white, asian, latin and the like... Just the way I like my women. I very rarely see a black girl that turns my head and it has nothing to do with "oh, she's black".

Racism is alive and well. Funny thing though, is it's totally ok for every race to bash caucasians, but the second a "whitey" says anything that is possibly funny or negative about any other race it's negative.

And heads up, since this is something that really bothers me... A Confederate flag is not a symbol of racism. It was unfortunately used by a certain group of people and that created the whole stigma around it. Yes, I'm a redneck, no, I'm not racist.

The same reason a swastika is negative. Unfortunately the negative use of the symbol makes it have a negative connotation afterwards. Same with the Confed flag now.

I would extend it to beyond racism, but general prejudice and/or bigotry, with racism being a form of it. I rarely experience racism (though it has happened), but I do experience and observe prejudice much more frequently.

semantics, but racism is a specific form of prejudice...so a non-visible minority wouldn't notice it as much.

riceburner is a fun word, semantically speaking

Like others said: Yes it does, everywhere in the world.

And a racist comes from all walks of life and background. And we all are racists to some degree.

AND by the way, I got a question:

How does multiculturalism protect diversity? There is no such thing as a 'melting pot'. I firmly belive people should keep to their own kind as much as they can. Of course people must respect the other kinds as well at all times. But I think promoting people to intermingle AND celebrating diversity at the same time is a bit counter intuitive. Canada needs to stop putting multiculturalism in a positive light. Canada seriously needs a right wing movement... This coming from an Asian...

The beautiful brown woman @ Timmies thinks I'm indifferent to her because she's brown but in reality I act indifferent to her because she's beautiful.

^^^ +1 to it all.

I cant call someone an idiot without it being a hate crime.

Racism is out there towards EVERYONE!

What drives racism and general hate. My best 2 examples are.

Carabana.
EVERY YEAR someone is shot or stabbed. Coming from a white guy (who isnt racist one bit) that does not fare so well for the black community. Personally think that parade should be banned.

Gay pride. (Ok not exactly racism but hey)
I have no problem with gay people, but for the few that dance around wearing banana hammocks calling it a "family event"
Do that on any other day 100 yards from a school and your a sex offender.

Again as a straight male. That ain't winning any points.

So for some at least racism or general hate usually has a cause other then upbringing. Some bad apples ruin it for the bunch.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

There's Black Bike Week in the US.
There's Black History Month.
There's the Gay Pride in Toronto
There's Latino Heritage Month.

Try to get anything for white people, and everyone instantly is up in arms and gets all excited.

Do I particularly care? No. People are people. Forget all the "I'm XXXX so I'm Special!" celebrations. Everyone should be equal and any stigma that is harped upon to make them stand out should be thrown out.

One of the worst examples (maybe not racism per say, but a social stigma) I have seen, and I couldn't believe it, was black on black...
Black guy, dates white girl, everyone is cool with it.
Black girl, dates white guy - I've witnessed comments like "why you dating a white guy? A strong black man not good enough for you or something?"

Just had to shake my head.

One crazy example of how easy it is to twist childen is here -- please watch this (and it's from the 60's).

[video=youtube;VeK759FF84s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeK759FF84s[/video]

You forgot BET, imagine if white people had a channel like that, WET
and I've always said I'm not racist,I hate everyone equally.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

If you exclude an entire race (such as whites, blacks, asians, or other people of colour) for whom you have sex with, then you are making race an issue.

You were the one who brought up dating sites. If you're not sexually attracted to people of a particular background it's not racist putting that in your profile. You're simply stating your preferences for what you find attractive and what you don't. If you aren't attracted to taller or shorter people and you state that, it doesn't make you a heightist.

My statement of "no blacks, no asians=racist" is not equivalent to your statement of "yes blacks, yes asians=racist". You may like blacks and asians, and still like other races.

Did you actually read what you wrote?

The same reason a swastika is negative. Unfortunately the negative use of the symbol makes it have a negative connotation afterwards.

You can't say it's a universal negative. It's still WIDELY used by many religions.
From Wikipedia:

The swastika (卐) (Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक) is a symbol that generally takes the form of an equilateral cross, with its four arms bent at 90 degrees. The earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization as well as theMediterranean Classical Antiquity and paleolithic Europe. Swastikas have been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world including Turkic, India, Iran, Armenia, Nepal, China, Japan, Korea and Europe. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol that invokes Lakshmi - the Vedic goddess of wealth, prosperity and auspiciousness.
The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" (meaning "good" or "auspicious") combined with "asti" (meaning "it is"), along with the diminutive suffix "ka." The swastika literally means "it is good." It is a common practice for Hindus to draw Swastika symbols on the doors and entrances to their houses during festivals, which is believed to symbolize an invitation to goddess Lakshmi.[SUP][1][/SUP]The name "sauwastika" is sometimes given to the left-facing arms symbol, which is a mirror image of swastika (卍).[SUP][2][/SUP]
The symbol has a long history in Europe reaching back to antiquity. In modern times, following a brief surge of popularity as a good luck symbol in Western culture, a swastika was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920, who used the swastika as a symbol of the Aryan race. After Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933, a right-facing 45° rotated swastika was incorporated into the flag of the Nazi Party, which was made the state flag of Germany during the Nazi era. Hence in many western countries the swastika isstigmatized as being associated with Nazism and related concepts like antisemitism, hatred, violence, death, and murder.[SUP][3][/SUP] Notably, the swastika has been outlawed in Germany and other countries if used as a symbol of Nazism in certain instances. Many modern white nationalist and Neo-Nazi groups such as the Russian National Unity use stylized swastikas or similar symbols.

The swastika is plastered all over the budist temple at Bloor and Lansdowne.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Re: SlowMo
You're correct. But we're talking about semi locally....or NA and western Europe. That's where it's perceived as negative. What do you think would happen if I wore a swastika t-shirt along say Bathurst and Steeles area?

Say something like this...
MedfalunSymbol.gif

Re: peterm15
yes it is....not plastered though.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6582...m4!1e1!3m2!1seZqwK3v5ffs_oupX-FIIww!2e0?hl=en

Last edited:
Last edited:
My mistake. Hispanic Heritage month.
September 15 - October 15.

http://www.infoplease.com/hispanic-heritage-month/

Sept15-oct15? Anyone else notice the Hispanics trying to sneak in TWO months? JK!
If you look at the trash in Canada, most are white (IMO), most immigrants come here and work their butt off to get a better life. Again, IMO. Maybe we should ship some of the lazy whites out. Btw, I'm not being racist, just anti-sh$&head. I'm also Caucasian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom