Today's hockey players are wimps | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Today's hockey players are wimps

the problem is that any real solid hit is now almost an automatic penalty.

Then you get retards like Shanahan who review these in ultra slow-mo then fine and suspend players. its a fast game, and sometimes things happen. when 2 players are moving fast, anything can happen in that last half second before impact.

you even see players grab a puck and turn their backs so they cant be hit. Todays players ARE pussies.

Hockey from the 80's and 90's was better IMO.

^^^^ this !

this would hgave been a clean hit 10 years ago, and it still should be.
dont skate with your head down. Pretty soon the NHL will be like Flag Football, or soccer ( players taking dives for penalties )

You're kidding, right?

No way should that be a clean hit. Shoulder directly to the head.
The hitter MUST take responsibility for his hit.

Saying the Seabrook hit was clean is like saying the Torres/Hossa hit was clean.

[video=youtube;W2mX7LqBGo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2mX7LqBGo4[/video]

the point you missed is that HE decided not to play. have you ever heard of any other player missing that kind of time for an injury like that ?

I can't stand Sid either. Super talent but whiney bit@h.
Yes, he decided not to play, but on Doctor's advice.

Proven fact - once a concussion has occurred, the level of impact/brain shake required to have another is greatly reduced. Any further concussions compound the likelihood of another occurring.

Imagine your brain got scrambled and SEVERELY concussed. You barf, you can't stand, you're dizzy for MONTHS on end. Knowing that any further concussions before healing completely will give you permanent brain damage, would you personally risk it? Especially when you will be a target on the ice?

Do you really want to end up like Eric Lindros, with a skull full of scrambled eggs? Where somebody sneezing on you is going to end up with you face down on the pavement?
Or like Chris Pronger - who still do this day feels effects of his 2011 concussion, and still requires daily therapy to stop from taking steps backward.

Brain injuries are scary things. I cringe when I see parents buying $700 skates for their kids and putting $35 helmets on their heads.
Brain no work - Feet Stop.

Last edited:
You're kidding, right?

Saying the Seabrook hit was clean is like saying the Torres/Hossa hit was clean

im not going to get into an argument about any of this. Yes, according to the rules, that wasnt a clean hit,

But what IM saying is that the rule needs changed. Hossa had the puck and passed it, and admired his handiwork.

Torres ran over him like a freight train, and it should be a good solid open ice hit.. Unfortunately for him, theres Instant replay.

He Barely got off the ground and I bet that 2cm that he did get up was unintentional. its just **** that happens at the moment of impact.

to summarize- these hits are "defined" as illegal, aqnd they shouldnt be. IMO change the rules and lets get hitting back in hockey

He Barely got off the ground and I bet that 2cm that he did get up was unintentional. its just **** that happens at the moment of impact.

to summarize- these hits are "defined" as illegal, aqnd they shouldnt be. IMO change the rules and lets get hitting back in hockey

Unintentional or not - his actions ended up with a severe concussion.
That's like accidentally running wide in a turn and pasting another rider. It was accidental, but is it still considered sh*t that happens?

As for getting hits back in hockey :
Game 1, St. Louis vs. Chicago: 69 hits.
Game 2, St. Louis vs. Chicago: 61 hits.
Game 1, San Jose vs. L.A.: 121 hits (!!! HOLY CRAP !!!)
Game 2, San Jose vs. : 93 hits

Stats from the NHL website.

And you're not happy that's enough? Egads man...

You're kidding, right?

Saying the Seabrook hit was clean is like saying the Torres/Hossa hit was clean.

[video=youtube;W2mX7LqBGo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2mX7LqBGo4[/video]

It was a clean hit...

New nhl rules

1. Player attempting to body check must blow a whistle 5 seconds prior to hit in order to give opposing player enough time to
A) look up
B) keep head down force the opposing player to stop hit
C) turn his back to the opposing player to stop hit

2) no hitter 4 inches taller and or 20 pounds heavier the the other player may hit the other player. Otherwise whimps cant play in the NHL and we will lose european interest

3) after years of being told keep your head up to avoid a hit.. The kids should be thought keep your head down so the other player cant hit you.

4) it is the hitters responsibility not hit the other player if he is an idiot and had no clue.. After all this is the NHL why Wouk some one want to hit some one

New nhl rules

1. Player attempting to body check must blow a whistle 5 seconds prior to hit in order to give opposing player enough time to
A) look up
B) keep head down force the opposing player to stop hit
C) turn his back to the opposing player to stop hit

2) no hitter 4 inches taller and or 20 pounds heavier the the other player may hit the other player. Otherwise whimps cant play in the NHL and we will lose european interest

3) after years of being told keep your head up to avoid a hit.. The kids should be thought keep your head down so the other player cant hit you.

4) it is the hitters responsibility not hit the other player if he is an idiot and had no clue.. After all this is the NHL why Wouk some one want to hit some one

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHA

3 is awesome

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHA

3 is awesome

Funny but sadly true..
In today's nhl if you play with your head down and put yourself in a "vulnerable" position. The opposing player is not allowed to hit you.

It is the exact opposite of what they were teaching us for years..

Here is what i was told and how i played

"Keep your head up"
"dont admire your pass"
"Dont cut across the blue line coming in from the neutral zone"
"Never go into the boards with your back turned, go in an angle come out in an angle"
"When going into the boards with an opposing player, engage the player following behind you PRIOR to getting in on the boards"
"If for some reason you cannot get out from the boards stay as close to the boards as possible with you head UP"

This is HOW you played hockey or you got creamed.. I got knocked out twice from a hit and you learn very quick to defend for yourself.

The problem is most people have conformed to the new nhl and have forgotten how the game was played.

Watch this clip and listen to what Harry Neal said in the end

http://youtu.be/nYqGj5gCXtI

Funny but sadly true..
In today's nhl if you play with your head down and put yourself in a "vulnerable" position. The opposing player is not allowed to hit you.

It is the exact opposite of what they were teaching us for years..

Here is what i was told and how i played

"Keep your head up"
"dont admire your pass"
"Dont cut across the blue line coming in from the neutral zone"
"Never go into the boards with your back turned, go in an angle come out in an angle"
"When going into the boards with an opposing player, engage the player following behind you PRIOR to getting in on the boards"
"If for some reason you cannot get out from the boards stay as close to the boards as possible with you head UP"

This is HOW you played hockey or you got creamed.. I got knocked out twice from a hit and you learn very quick to defend for yourself.

The problem is most people have conformed to the new nhl and have forgotten how the game was played.

Watch this clip and listen to what Harry Neal said in the end

http://youtu.be/nYqGj5gCXtI

And it was a clean, vicious body on body check. No targetting the head, no extra put on it, just a tough man finishing his check on another player. Also note, there was no scrum immediately after. Chelios got hit, nbd.

The issue with the game is that the respect is gone. Sure back in "the day" you had thuggery (Ulf Samuellson immediately comes to mind, Dale Hunter a close second) but you also had guys like Wendel Clark, like Terry O'Reilly, like Brashear, McSorley (before the chop) etc. With the push for more speed and more "talent" you get a lack of hitting culture and therefore a lack of respect for the other players.

I'd watch OHL over NHL any day tbh, and the reason I like my Bruins is cause by and by it's Canadian boys playing Canadian hockey and doing it WELL. The way I was taught.

Back
Top Bottom