Long Term Parking in Downtown Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Long Term Parking in Downtown Toronto

motomike

So I'm going to be staying in downtown(near University and Adelaide) for 4 months this summer and ideally I would like to bring my motorcycle with me. The place that I am staying at does not have parking, so I am trying to find parking elsewhere at a reasonable price(I dont want to pay the cost of parking a car). I would prefer indoor, but outdoor is fine too because the bike is a beat up naked so I can't see anyone stealing it.

So if anybody knows of a place that has long term motorcycle parking near University and Adelaide or has any ideas please chime in.

I work on the cnr. of University and Adelaide and there is tons of street parking on Simcoe, both south and north of Adelaide. I normally park here during the day and if you say you don't mind leaving it out overnight, there is free parking. I personally won't park my bike out overnight anywhere d/t though.

If you want I can rent a spot in my building around lakeshore and spadina. Kinda far.

So is it legal to park a bik on the street overnight? Is it legal to leave it there for like a week without it getting towed?

I don't think there's anywhere in that 'hood that won't require a permit for parking overnight. Daytime is probably no problem, but between midnight and 7am you're going to have issues.
If there's a parking lot you can poach between those hours you could get away with it, but that means being consistent every night. I don't think any bike is safe left outside for the entire summer.
Rent a spot in an underground lot.

no, it's not legal to park on the street overnight. You need to make arrangements to park on the lot. You can try to get a permit for parking on the street, but it may not be the most cost effective way. There is a multi story public parking building around 200 Adelaide st W. (West of the University and Adelaide). You may be able to arrange to park on their property. You can call 416-392-7873 to see about a permit.

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=cd4c4074781e1410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

Ok, thanks a lot guys.
I guess I will start looking for a multistory parking lot or an underground one. Hopefully one of them will have better rates for motorcycles than cars.

Mike, most condo buildings will have a bunch of shrewd owners who divide their parking spot(s) in two, with 3'-4' at the front for a bike.

Look on Kijiji, you should be able to find such a spot for around $50 a month.

Now if your bike is of the SS or exotic variety, I would advise against that idea. Rampant theft.

I guess I will try to find one of those owners who divide there spots. I just want somewhere to park the bike thats a lot cheaper than renting a whole spot. If im going to be paying close to the price of a full spot I might as well get one and park the cage there as well.

I have a similar problem, im moving from Windsor to downtown Toronto (Gerard and Yonge) and I cant find enclosed secured motorcycle parking for rent. Now my building has a parking spot for me but its literally $150 a month. A little too much for something that takes 1/4 of a parking spot no?

BTW new to the thread, ill be a resident of this Friday officially :)

I have a similar problem, im moving from Windsor to downtown Toronto (Gerard and Yonge) and I cant find enclosed secured motorcycle parking for rent. Now my building has a parking spot for me but its literally $150 a month. A little too much for something that takes 1/4 of a parking spot no?

BTW new to the thread, ill be a resident of this Friday officially :)
Check out the parking at 415 Yonge. Vehicle access is actually off McGill street, but pedestrian access is through 415. Enter the main lobby and take the parking garage elevator to P1.
The attendant is on duty during the day and can help you out. No idea what the monthly rate is but the daily rate is very reasonable, for downtown Toronto.

Park further away and TTC? If there is street parking a motorcycle permit is free and a car permit is $90/6 months (at least where I live).

Mike, most condo buildings will have a bunch of shrewd owners who divide their parking spot(s) in two, with 3'-4' at the front for a bike.

Look on Kijiji, you should be able to find such a spot for around $50 a month.

Now if your bike is of the SS or exotic variety, I would advise against that idea. Rampant theft.

This will inevitably be breaking of the condo rules. You're not allowed to rent your spot to a non-resident. It's a security issue from the condo perspective as you grant building as well as parking access to a non-resident.

Check out the parking at 415 Yonge. Vehicle access is actually off McGill street, but pedestrian access is through 415. Enter the main lobby and take the parking garage elevator to P1.
The attendant is on duty during the day and can help you out. No idea what the monthly rate is but the daily rate is very reasonable, for downtown Toronto.

Imma give that a try since its across the street, as for the other comments, I appreciate the help !

So is it legal to park a bik on the street overnight? Is it legal to leave it there for like a week without it getting towed?

There's nowhere in Toronto where that's legal, even if there are no "no parking" signs. That maximum street parking time allowed is 3 hours, and though it may not be enforced, you shouldn't be surprised if you wake up to a ticket (or worse).

There's nowhere in Toronto where that's legal, even if there are no "no parking" signs. That maximum street parking time allowed is 3 hours, and though it may not be enforced, you shouldn't be surprised if you wake up to a ticket (or worse).
Plenty legal with a permit in most residential areas. I've left my car and bike parked on the road in the same spot for a month when I was out of province.

Back
Top Bottom