M1 Exit Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 Exit Question

Roughly 10'apart with maybe 3' between the two rows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice practice practice your slow maneuvering. One foot down is a fail. I've seen it happen and not too many things suck more.

If you have a large bike with a lot of power consider borrowing something more manageable. (If you're having problems. Just sayin'.)

Last edited:
Practice makes perfect.

My wife rode all over with her m1, I set up the same skills test as the mto uses. First time she tried the slalom, she said it was "impossible". Practised for 3 hours, 2 nights in a row. Aced her m1 exit. She was very proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know with the riding schools one foot dab will not be a fail.

Practice does make perfect but make sure you are practicing the right stuff.

Have you considered taking a course?

I actually took the course a few years ago. I hate to admit it, but I need more road experience. As far as the test, if the cones are far enough and I don't have to do Gymkhana, I think (I hope) it should be manageable even for me. For those who have done it, do you have to go really slow, or with some speed so you can actually steer with your body?

Ride the clutch, give it a bit of gas to keep moving forward AND ride the back brake. Constant everything.

Clutch, gas and brake - all at the same time, being smooth and consistent.

Not sure where you are doing it, I did mine a year and a half ago in Clinton, 1) a few guys touched their foot down and still passed, 2) there isn't a specific speed limit and you actually have a ton of room to turn and you can turn as wide as you want. I did my serpentine at a fairly quick clip and wasn't dinged any points at all but each centre could be different. Best bet is to set up and practice, not sure the exact measurements but they are in the motorcycle hand book.
Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom