anyone here go slydiving? | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone here go slydiving?

motoride777

maybe when its warmer we can set up a group ride to Skydive Toronto or PST LOL. since going 150kph on your bike in toronto can result in you losing your license and/or wreck. doing the same speed jumping out of a plane in free fall sounds much more logical and safer.

lol what do y'all think?

maybe when its warmer we can set up a group ride to Skydive Toronto or PST LOL. since going 150kph on your bike in toronto can result in you losing your license and/or wreck. doing the same speed jumping out of a plane in free fall sounds much more logical and safer.

lol what do y'all think?

A few guys did that a couple years ago. They seemed like they had a good time.
I've been about 5 or 6 times myself so I'd likely be out but I'll keep an eye on the thread and see.

Awww, I was really interested in what slydiving was. Thought it was a new trend, like diving incognito under water or something lol.

I went with a group from here a few years back and it was a great time. I've been back to do another jump as well and will likely be doing my third with a friend this year. I highly recommend going.

Try gliding

Check out the link - with max speeds of 270 km/h - plus it feels a bit safer than jumping out of a plane

http://www.sosaglidingclub.com/intro-flight.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No offense, but next to skydiving gliding would be a huge yawn. 270km/h in the air will not feel fast unless you're doing some really good maneuvers (which it doesn't sound like you will be).

Gliding is awesome...different types of buzz. I have zero interest in skydiving if it looks like I'm being buggered by some bloke while falling through the air. I understand there's only one school around that does solo jumps is that correct?

Gliding is awesome...different types of buzz. I have zero interest in skydiving if it looks like I'm being buggered by some bloke while falling through the air. I understand there's only one school around that does solo jumps is that correct?
The real fun is the free-fall. Your first few solo jumps will have no free-fall. Going tandem will get you ~60sec of free-fall and you will not notice anyone strapped to you.

Can I have a chick strapped to me instead? Its not like I'm not comfortable with my sexuality but I think I'd enjoy the descent more

Doesn't matter
There are chick instructors.
The main factor in who your instructor is going to be is weight. It's all about wing loading. The heavier the student, the lighter the instructor. You can't have two 6', 220lb guys under one canopy.

There are chick instructors.
The main factor in who your instructor is going to be is weight. It's all about wing loading. The heavier the student, the lighter the instructor. You can't have two 6', 220lb guys under one canopy.

Gotcha

Anyone ever done the wing suit? That looks like a fun time!

If you plan a GTAM sky diving event I'll be down for that! As long as I'm not working...

Anyone ever done the wing suit? That looks like a fun time!

If you plan a GTAM sky diving event I'll be down for that! As long as I'm not working...
Wingsuit is super advanced skydiving. You can't just rent one. You need hundreds (if not thousands) of jumps before you can rock one of those.

The real fun is the free-fall. Your first few solo jumps will have no free-fall. Going tandem will get you ~60sec of free-fall and you will not notice anyone strapped to you.

Agreed. Went several years back and chose to go tandem for exactly this reason. Though 60 sec of free fall is optimistic. I think it's more like 30 sec from ~10,000' isn't it? Next time I'd like to try solo.

Can I have a chick strapped to me instead? Its not like I'm not comfortable with my sexuality but I think I'd enjoy the descent more

When I went there was a really cute female instructor. She didn't jump with me unfortunately =( She jumped with a buddy of mine and also did the camera work on the next jump.

Agreed. Went several years back and chose to go tandem for exactly this reason. Though 60 sec of free fall is optimistic. I think it's more like 30 sec from ~10,000' isn't it? Next time I'd like to try solo.

When I went there was a really cute female instructor. She didn't jump with me unfortunately =( She jumped with a buddy of mine and also did the camera work on the next jump.

I'm not sure about time at 10,000ft. Depends where you jump I suppose as some may jump at different heights (I did both of mine at Burnaby). Both my jumps were ~14,000. First one was at ~14,500ft and I had ~65sec of free fall (I have video of it to know exact). Second jump was ~13,800.

One minute of freefall needs 12,500ft altitude with an opening at approx 2,200ft.

I'm not sure about time at 10,000ft. Depends where you jump I suppose as some may jump at different heights (I did both of mine at Burnaby). Both my jumps were ~14,000. First one was at ~14,500ft and I had ~65sec of free fall (I have video of it to know exact). Second jump was ~13,800.

Oh ok, I thought you went to Toronto Skydive. They only take you up to max 10,000 feet, at least on your first tandem jump. A solid minute of freefall would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom