AGV Corsa Review (vs. Shoei X-12) | GTAMotorcycle.com

AGV Corsa Review (vs. Shoei X-12)

Mina

Site Supporter
After this brutal winter, I finally got to test out my new AGV Corsa yesterday. After three seasons in my solid black Shoei X-12, I decided it was time to try something new and exciting. I walked into GP Bikes and saw this AGV Corsa Sole Luna Replica across the room. Immediately stood out to me and found myself walking towards it. I have to be honest, there aren't a lot of graphics out there that really get my attention. This one did. Although, I saw it online plenty of times, it's completely different in person and definitely has that "wow" effect.
My First impression was “WOW, this thing is light”, you’d think I’m exaggerating when I say “I almost forgot I’m wearing a helmet” but I’m not. It really is that light! Not much difference between the Corsa and the Pista in terms of weight, although the Pista comes with a few more bells and whistles it’s not worth the $1500 price tag IMO.

On to the good stuff, in the box you will find:

- AGV Corsa helmet
- Pinlock shield
- Tearoffs
- Extra padding for a custom fit
- Carrying bag
- AGV stickers
- Manual

I really like the fact that the OEM visor comes with the pinlock and tearoff posts. Saves me about $100 if I wanted to buy the same shield/pinlock insert for my X12.

Fit/sizing:
I wore a size L X-12 and it was a perfect fit, I tried a L in the Corsa and found it a little on the loose side. Now, another advantage that the Corsa has is that it comes in "in-between" sizes. I tried the ML and voila, perfect fit. Nice and snug and no pressure points after wearing it around the store for a good 20 minutes.

Interior/exterior features:
Like any other top of the line helmet, the interior is completely removable and washable. Also the interior is fully customizable to accommodate different head shapes. HUGE bonus IMO as it allows you to fine tune the interior for the perfect fit. Not to mention the ultra plush feel that it provides against your skin. Visor is easy to change and doesn't take more than 5 seconds. Easy.

This helmet BREATHES very well, the vents are very well placed and flows a ton of air to keep you cool. On my X-12, it was hard to open/close the vents while riding. This was not an issue with the Corsa, I was able to locate the vents easily and open/close them to my heart's content while in motion.

The field of vision on this helmet is great, in full tuck I no longer see the upper part of the helmet and feel no strain on my neck.

No complaints here, it is everything a good helmet should be, lightweight, customizable interior and awesome graphics. If you’ve been contemplating it, stop. Just go try one on and if you like it, pull the trigger. You won’t be disappointed!

12711902794_ea20373d89_o.jpg

Sweet!! I was at GP last week and looked at this exact helmet, it does look A LOT better in person than in pictures.

While I'm happy with my x 12 ago definitely has me wanting another lid. Some of their graphics are rather appealing and I'm reading a lot of positives about them online. How did this helmet price compared to retail on a x 12?

While I'm happy with my x 12 ago definitely has me wanting another lid. Some of their graphics are rather appealing and I'm reading a lot of positives about them online. How did this helmet price compared to retail on a x 12?
Retail price for this particular graphic, is $899 + tax, I got a great deal at GP Bikes because I shop there often. What did you pay for your X-12?

Last edited:
I have a AGV GP-Tech and it seemed pretty good initially but the overall quality and fit can't compare to the X-12, for me anyway. Maybe these newer models have improved.

I have a AGV GP-Tech and it seemed pretty good initially but the overall quality and fit can't compare to the X-12, for me anyway. Maybe these newer models have improved.

Even the X-12 is a few years old now. Comparing it to the brand new RF-1200 I don't see why you'd spend the extra few hundred bucks on the X-12...

What is it about the GP-Tech that wasn't up to par with the X-12?

Nice lid, I picked up a new X-12 Daijaro edition from gp bikes a couple months back I haven't ridden with it yet but I'm pretty excited about it, next helmet will be an AGV though for sure.

Thanks for the review. A new lid is on my radar (maybe not until next year though) and I'll take a look at these.

Retail price for this particular graphic, is $899 + tax, I got a great deal at GP Bikes because I shop there often. What did you pay for your X-12?

Can't recall. I'll get back to you once I'm home and look. Much less than 899 though.

Back
Top Bottom