anyone here use a dashcam in your car? if so, what brand and model is it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone here use a dashcam in your car? if so, what brand and model is it?

motoride777

hi there, some have mentioned its a good idea to have a dashcam recording in your car. as seen in the "car hit rider on yonge & pleasant" thread in multimedia.

just wondering, which cam would you recommend? one with reasonable price and able to record in HD day and night would be better.

thnx!

Best and cheap don't seem to coexist. The blackvue is probably the best but many of the $60 models can do everything you need.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I have the blackvue 550 2ch. The only complaints are that the actual camera has no power button and that power management system didn't offer a external battery option to combat discharging of start battery rather than just a simple low voltage cut off with a timer.

Visit DX.com

Have purchased a few from there, $70 will get you a front + rear (wires are a bit messy). Pretty decent resolution in the daytime. The ones I have don't have night vision. The first one i had did, and it was very good, you could see clearly in the dark.

It will save your butt, seriously. Don't know why people are shocked to see it in my car and ask "why do you have that?". Why WOULDNT you want to record crap that goes on around you in a city where half the people get fraudulent licenses and don't know how to drive? It has saved me a few times, I never really recorded anything crazy except for myself low siding hahaha.

BUT it really makes you feel protected when people rear-end you. MY car has been rear-ended at least 4 times. Everybody shuts the hell up when you tell them you have it on camera. The police have been nice enough too to watch the footage on a laptop at the station if you request them to (at least in the case of the hot super polite police officer that handled that rear-ending. Car rear-ending that is)

I run this one

http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/g1w-gs108/

The best bang for the buck camera out there.

Absolutely amazing picture quality. good sound quality. Hard to go wrong with $60.

A few people saw the videos i took and were so amazed by the quality that they ordered a few themselves. So far 4 additional cameras were sold like this.

Got to watch out for fakes, this guy sells legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310752336819?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

When i get home i'll post the video of a guy spinning out in the snowstorm right infront of me.

[video=youtube;mFTmkIHDBLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFTmkIHDBLI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Because of the lazy factor. In theory it's all good and dandy, but having to mount the phone, plug it in, open the app, etc every time you get in is gonna guarantee that you won't be doing it consistently.

The dash cam turns on with the car, shuts off with the car, records in loops and automatically overwrites old files when it runs out of room on the memory card. My model also automatically saves and protects a video if the g-meter exceeds a value.

Why not just use your call phone. Most cells do HD video now.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Why not just use your call phone. Most cells do HD video now.

Because you're not going to mount your cell phone at the top of the windshield... and cell phones have very narrow field of view. Plus everything Red_Liner said.

I bought this one from DX which has both front and rear facing cameras: http://www.dx.com/p/x6-2-0-lcd-3-0m...ew-camera-tf-av-out-black-141488#.U0Q8OPldVEM

It was just under $60 when I purchased it but looks like it's about $70 now. Still worth it IMO. It records up to 720p in both day and night. Night mode has IR LEDs but they're pretty useless to be honest. It'll record night footage ok on lit city streets but otherwise it's whatever's right in front of your headlights.

Because of the lazy factor. In theory it's all good and dandy, but having to mount the phone, plug it in, open the app, etc every time you get in is gonna guarantee that you won't be doing it consistently.

The dash cam turns on with the car, shuts off with the car, records in loops and automatically overwrites old files when it runs out of room on the memory card. My model also automatically saves and protects a video if the g-meter exceeds a value.

If I wanted to record my drives, I wouldn't waste money since my phone can record in HD. I don't see a lazy factor. It takes all of 20 secs. to mount your phone and plug it in. If someone is that lazy, it makes me wonder how they get out of bed.

Whatever dude, you know best.

If I wanted to record my drives, I wouldn't waste money since my phone can record in HD. I don't see a lazy factor. It takes all of 20 secs. to mount your phone and plug it in. If someone is that lazy, it makes me wonder how they get out of bed.

Apparently you can play music, use as a GPS and a dashcam at the same time... Good for you... Plus dash came footage from a cellphone looks like crap

Last edited:
Apparently you can play music, use as a GPS and a dashcam at the same time... Good for you... Plus dash came footage from a cellphone looks like crap

What does music and GPS have you do with it.

Back
Top Bottom