Roofer recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roofer recommendations?

Riceburner

Who's had their roof done recently and has a recommendation for a roofing company? Looking for the job to be done ASAP.

Better contracting.

Ive never personally had work done by them but had one of the guys as my neighbor. Stand up guy that gets ****** at fixing other peoples mistakes.

Although for roofing my general suggestion to people is a case of beer, pizza and a few buddies.
Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

AM roofing, very happy with their recent work. They did some jobs for Holmes on Homes tv shows too so you know they did it rite lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpine did my roof .Great price and did the job quick .No complaints .

Is there an Indian Reservation local to you? I used a guy from Six Nations. 1/2 price of cheapest quote. I think the savings come from material, labour and dumping. Check it out.

Buddies and beer. Roofing is actually easy! YouTube is handy..

Ex-Shingler here. 2 years roofing.

Let me know if there's someone in the east end (Bowmanville) area please. My roof is fine but I've got a lower section above the rear patio doors about 5x12 that needs to be done.

Its easy to get screwed by 2 guys with a ladder on a truck. Far too many fly by night roofers, get a company that is reasonably large with a good history on BBB or Homestars. Look up reviews.

DTA - Don't Trust Anybody!

If you get a low end roofer, ensure they have paperwork and are insured, wsib coverage, etc. The last thing you need is a lawsuit because one of the guys falls off the roof and sues you.

I have heard good things about Alpine.

For Durham Region I would recommend:
http://www.canadianroofingsystems.ca/en/

These guys did 2 houses for me, and my neighbours house. Its a good thing they are in the roofing business and not the website business, their website sucks. But their roofing is great.

Stay FAR FAR FAR away from these guys:
http://www.dryhomeroofing.ca - Scammers and low quality work.

Last edited:
Any roofer worth his salt will give you a free estimate usually valid for 30 days, and never take money upfront for a shingle residential job. If he's asking to borrow your hammer, you picked a lousy one.

Alpine does a good overall job so long as you get one of their experienced crews.

Back
Top Bottom