new helmet. scratched visor. can it be buffed? | GTAMotorcycle.com

new helmet. scratched visor. can it be buffed?

Most visors are cheap enough to replace that it's not worth taking it to someone who could do it.

i assume you are the same person that dropped new helmet with the clear visor on the floor? If so then good chance to buy tinted one

i assume you are the same person that dropped new helmet with the clear visor on the floor? If so then good chance to buy tinted one

I wouldn't use a tinted visor as my primary. Never liked'em at night.

Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 at Canadina Tire for around $10 if you're going to make a habit out of dropping it but I'd rather stock a few replacements.

Anything can be buffed. Try a buffing wheel at Princess auto, attach to a drill or better yet dremel. Get the buffing compound also.

How bad exactly is the scratch?

Id be very careful trying to use power tools to buff that out. Although it may remove the scratch it will also distort your line of site.

If its a very mild scratch toothpaste works on glass. The white minty stuff. Im not sure about a visor though.

Theoretically you should be able to buff it. But practically id assume it would distort to much.

My suggestion is to purchase a replacement BEFORE possibly making it worse. Then attempt to remove the scratch and have that visor as a backup if it works.

Although it may remove the scratch it will also distort your line of site

+1.

i had a beat up helmet, i was bored on afternoon, had a new buffing wheel/compound for a grinding/sanding/buffing tool i had http://fillauer.com/Tools-and-Equipment/carvers_arbors/Trautman-Double-Drum-Sander-5005.html

i scratched and buffed out several scratching on a shoei rf1000, and shark rsf visors. both ended up with distortion, despite the fact that i am actually skilled at buffing/grinding plastics

Back
Top Bottom