Grom Motard? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grom Motard?

alon

Has anyone here been crazy / stupid / etc enough to consider a honda grom for a fun Motard style track bike? There are kits to increase the engine capacity from 125cc to 170cc with a performance increase from 8hp to 14hp and these things weight slightly more than a large dog's balls - staggering numbers, I know... :)

Some nice builds on the Grom Facebook page although most of the fad with them seems to be slammed to the ground with a 5ft swinger:confused:

I have been very tempted to sell off my Fully restored Z50R with 125cc kit to help fund the purchase of one!

The guy must be drunk for selling it for that much.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes, I would not be interested in the slammed and stretched approach - that seems more in line with guys who are graduating from modded Rukus's to the Grom. Funny you mention a Z50, I just picked up a 1969 K1 last week for a restoration and now looking for a second one (I have twin boys)...

Some nice builds on the Grom Facebook page although most of the fad with them seems to be slammed to the ground with a 5ft swinger:confused:

I have been very tempted to sell off my Fully restored Z50R with 125cc kit to help fund the purchase of one!

Grom would be an awesome play bike. Not sure about rare though, barrie powerhouse had 4 on the floor last time I was in there. In two years they'll be cheap like cbr125s (if they sell). There's a member on here (forget who) that recently bought one for his wife to learn on. I wonder if Brian P will allow them on the cbr125 annual epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10170751_10152337984494722_5431627216154493285_n.jpg

CRF450 engine in a Grom.

It turns out the guy is using it as a pit bike. Will be interesting to see a video of it running.

Back
Top Bottom