Regional Road 57 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Regional Road 57

hedo2002

Site Supporter
Regional Road 57 north of Caesarea. I know a LOT of bikes like to run this road with it's sharp curves. But this winter has been BRUTAL on it and it has heaved in several spots. If you hit at least one of these at speed you could end up losing it.

Unfortunately we have a few bikers crash every year on this road as the region hasn't seen fit to put up ANY signage about the corners now they have ONE bump ahead sign which is in a milder area of heaves.

57 and most roads in Durham seem to have suffered through a lot of frost heaving. It is down quite a bit from what it was a few weeks ago but still there.

We headed up to Fenelon Falls on Monday and it sees to me that roads that were built over or through swampy ground were the worst for it but also spots were there were culverts suffered badly.

..Tom

57 and most roads in Durham seem to have suffered through a lot of frost heaving. It is down quite a bit from what it was a few weeks ago but still there.

We headed up to Fenelon Falls on Monday and it sees to me that roads that were built over or through swampy ground were the worst for it but also spots were there were culverts suffered badly.

..Tom

I second that Tom I head out now daily from Fenelon. 35 isn't too bad but the smaller roads are heaved and the side roads are still covered in sand. the cottage roads in many places still have snow on them..lol

There is still frost in the mornings and we havnet had any decent rain. The roads are going to **** thats a given since the temp fluctuations heave the roads and the salt and sand have yet to be washed away. Anyone pushing the limits this time of year I have no sympathy for if something happens to them. You mine as well make a post saying every road in southern Ontario is currently crap.

Don't take it personally but these threads at this time of year are pointless imo.

Ashburn road looks like a warzone.

Its been pretty rough for the lat few years.. I was on it the other day. Okay on the V-Strom but I think it wouldn't be fun for my wife on her Gladius.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom