Car mechanics | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car mechanics

Coming from engine bay or under the car? Hondas are known for their catalytic heat shields falling apart then rattling on the exhaust, both my civics did that. Only rattled at low rpm.

Go see Jeff at "The Brake Shop". He's a straight up honest guy.

It's on Munster Ave, Kipling and Bloor area.

Have a rattling sound coming from my car. Its getting louder and louder annoying as ****.

Mechanic 1 (guy ive been going to for years): "Sounds like exhaust, probably downpipe, just live with it"

Mechanic 2/Exhaust shop: "You need a whole new exhaust, $700"

Mechanic 3/Exhaust shop : "You need a new catback exhaust. $500 (after starting it) Its you timing chain"

Mechanic 4: "Alternator, for sure its the alternator, $350 i get you a new one right now"

Mechanic 5: "Sounds like torque converter or transmission"

Just come out and say it already,
21642975.jpg

Anyone know a mechanic in the west end who doesn't simply throw parts at cars and has some knowledge instead?

Go see Danny at Heritage Auto and power sports 24 Ingram Dr North York

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Go see Jeff at "The Brake Shop". He's a straight up honest guy.

It's on Munster Ave, Kipling and Bloor area.
366 Munster Ave. to be more specific, tel# 416 231 5955. You can't go wrong with Jeff, he's truly one of a kind honest guy. He's also my top riding buddy, been on many long distance trips with him. He rides ST 1300.

Coming from engine bay or under the car? Hondas are known for their catalytic heat shields falling apart then rattling on the exhaust, both my civics did that. Only rattled at low rpm.
Umm HELLO!!! It's an ACURA.... My guess is the sunroof drain tube?!?!

Just messing...I agree with the above. Paul, send me a PM when you find out what it is, and if you can do yourself... I may be able to help ;)

I would pull the serpentine belt off and run it again. That may help to see if it's any of the driven accessories like the a/c and alternator. Not sure if your car has an OAD (overrunning alternator decoupler) but they make a racket when they start to fail.

pour a little water on the belt and see if the noise goes away. if it does then its something serp belt driven.

what car, year, mileage?

Nick's Garage on Weston Rd is known for its no-bull mechanics.

They seem to be the rosey toes equivalent for cars, cheap but know what they are doing for the most part. Could of sworn I was having transmission problems ended up being a leaky hose...

They are always packed with "work" vehicles

366 Munster Ave. to be more specific, tel# 416 231 5955. You can't go wrong with Jeff, he's truly one of a kind honest guy. He's also my top riding buddy, been on many long distance trips with him. He rides ST 1300.

Jeff is awesome. I worked for years at the truck dealer around the corner. Used to send him all of our gas e-tests, and some other stuff. We worked till 1am at the dealer, and many nights i'd be on my way home only to see Jeff still at his shop either trying to get a customers car ready for the morning, or simply burning the midnight oil trying to figure out some odd, strange issue with a customers car. He takes it personally. It's not a job, it's a passion.

I've never had the chance to ride with Jeff, but at the time had a PC800. Send him my best if you see him.

That clicking sound is the warning system to let you know your blinker fluid is low.

Pm me. I will check it out if ur in brampton area. Im a honda guy and a technician with many certificates and training

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Jeff is awesome. I worked for years at the truck dealer around the corner. Used to send him all of our gas e-tests, and some other stuff. We worked till 1am at the dealer, and many nights i'd be on my way home only to see Jeff still at his shop either trying to get a customers car ready for the morning, or simply burning the midnight oil trying to figure out some odd, strange issue with a customers car. He takes it personally. It's not a job, it's a passion.

I've never had the chance to ride with Jeff, but at the time had a PC800. Send him my best if you see him.
I will tell him you said hi...but need a real name? If you worked at Humberview Trucks, we probably know each other too...
Jeff rides St1300 now, his older son Josh Rides Versys and his younger son Ryan will be earning his stripes on PC 800 this year!

I will tell him you said hi...but need a real name? If you worked at Humberview Trucks, we probably know each other too...
Jeff rides St1300 now, his older son Josh Rides Versys and his younger son Ryan will be earning his stripes on PC 800 this year!

Torren is my name. I worked at humberview for years. So much has changed in the area.

Go see Ken at IPC in Brampton, steeles and dixie. All he does is Acuras and Hondas and nothing else. Fair prices and a very honest guy. It's best to go there because he rarely answers the phone as he's a one man show.

It's not that mechanics have no idea what's going on, it's that most people don't want to pay for an actual diagnosis that takes time and only want them to take a "quick listen". As with most things in life you get what you pay for.

It's not that mechanics have no idea what's going on, it's that most people don't want to pay for an actual diagnosis that takes time and only want them to take a "quick listen". As with most things in life you get what you pay for.

3 out of the 5 charged me to look at it. First and last didn't...

I have no problem paying anyone for their work, but when you go to 5 places and get 5 different answers and they all want to throw parts at it without even knowing the issue its ridiculous.

I have better things to do with my life then go from mechanic to mechanic, id rather go to one, pay him and move on with my life. But i aint paying someone to throw parts at it *cough *cough acura sherway $500 <---(different issue), and have the car come back with the exact same problem.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestion.

Last edited:
OP have a friend rev the engine at different speeds while you stick your head in the engine bay and try to isolate the noise. Couldn't really tell much from the vid but kinda sounds like one of the pulleys.

3 out of the 5 charged me to look at it. First and last didn't...

I have no problem paying anyone for their work, but when you go to 5 places and get 5 different answers and they all want to throw parts at it without even knowing the issue its ridiculous.

I have better things to do with my life then go from mechanic to mechanic, id rather go to one, pay him and move on with my life. But i aint paying someone to throw parts at it *cough *cough acura sherway $500 <---(different issue), and have the car come back with the exact same problem.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestion.

this is why I suggested IPC. He won't charge you for anything he's done if it didn't fix the problem. And he's one of the few guys that backs up his work.

Back
Top Bottom