Insurance for 30+ year old bikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for 30+ year old bikes

As I mentioned in an earlier post - Statefarm goes strictly by engine size - so they will not be competitive at all.

I ultimately settled with Rider's Plus. Try calling around to some of the companies mentioned in this thread.

We are in the same bracket.

Yeah will do. Just felt like complaining lol.

I'm buying a 32 year old motorcycle and I've found some of the same problems. I'm with TD for my home car and other motorcycle, but they wouldn't even consider it because the bike is over thirty years old. I then tried Dalton Timmis Insurance brokers because they have a program for vintage bikes. I wasn't eligible for that because I haven't had a full M license for five years. They quoted me with Intact for liability only at $1024 for a 1982 CB900c. I tried Riders Plus and got the identical quote. State Farm offered full insurance but for $1991 or $1530 for liability only. Thanks to information in this thread I tried Desjardins. They have offered full comprehensive for $1214, liability only for $837 and everything but collision for $983. Its still expensive but far better than what I could get anywhere else. I'm waiting for a call back and plan on having them quote on the rest of my insurance because I would rather not continue giving TD my business after they refused to insure the new bike.

I ended up going with RBC. Try them. I just got my CB750 1981 this past weekend.
I tried Intact, Desjardin, Riders Plus, Allstate, Dalton Timmis, RBC, Statefarm, Echelon

Statefarm was the highest.
Dalton Timmis was the 2nd lowest but only with the vintage program, but they must do an appraisal of the bike first.
Otherwise, RBC had least conditions and lowest price. Didn't even have to bring the car over either.

you guys are all going to the wrong place. call Dalton timmis / vintage bike insurance. $465 for my 83 CB1100f full coverage, $225 for my 81 CB750F full overage. you need an appraisal but you will make up for that cost in the first yr.

Last edited:
you guys are all going to the wrong place. call Dalton timmis / vintage bike insurance. $465 for my 83 CB1100f full coverage, $225 for my 81 CB750F full overage. you need an appraisal but you will make up for that cost in the first yr.

Can you PM me a contact name of your agent?

Thank you.

just google dalton timmis insurance in burlington On and call,the agent will be assigned depending were you live... I can't get my info as i am in the hospital ..lust had a knee replaced.... and I'm fu@#$# hammered :agave:

Back
Top Bottom