Forks of the Credit This Sunday? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Forks of the Credit This Sunday?

TF3N

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of heading to The Forks this Sunday. Anybody interested in making a group ride out of it?

Medium pace, nothing too crazy (I ride a cruiser, after all).

I'm in Mississauga, but we can meet somewhere more central if needed. L&L, perhaps?

Let me know.

Great place to ride if you would like to start the season off with a ticket

Keep in mind that there will be considerable runoff coming off the hill onto the roadway.

This. With the chance of snow/rain tonight and tomorrow it will be wet in a lot of places for sure. It wasn't great today

So. It'll be sunny and decent on Sunday.
OP didn't ask for an opinion on whether he should go or not. Simply stated that he was going to go and wanted to know if someone wanted to come with.

Don't **** on someone else just because you don't want to go.

Thanks guys.

I'm not worried about a little run-off. I regularly ride in the rain, and am very capable of adjusting to conditions. As stated, I'm not out to set any track records here or anything. I find no shame in braking ahead of a turn and entering it slowly, if necessary, to ensure I make it through safely. I don't ride with anything to prove.

Anyways, offer still stands. Everyone welcome. Even Burgman 650's :D

lmao. ticket for what exactly?

Noise is probably the most common there. They have noise by laws and they enforce them. Aftermarket pipes are not likely to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be up for it if it's not early in the morning. Maybe like a lunch time ride?

Yorkdale might be a good meeting spot as it's next to the 401.

Sounds good. I was thinking around noon, most likely.

I was thinking this rain would be good for washing crap off the road but they're calling for ~1cm of snow overnight. If they freshly salt the road I'm inclined to just say forget it.

I have a buddy that lives minutes from there, he's going to let me know on Saturday Afternoon what the conditions are like. Will post an update tomorrow.

It will probably get warmer as the day progresses. But keep us posted. I might join as well.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Snow on the ground in Orangeville this morning. Not exactly riding weather out there. It might warm up by tomorrow, but there will likely be left-over salt / sand on the roads to contend with. Ride safe.

Snow on the ground in Brampton as well. Be careful out

Yeah forks area is all white too. Even if it warms up tomorrow like it's supposed to I can't see it being any good to ride in. At least it's supposedly going to warm up and rain this week.

Noise is probably the most common there. They have noise by laws and they enforce them. Aftermarket pipes are not likely to pass.

From the tests they did before the law went into effect, riders reported that nearly everything passed. Just obnoxiously loud harleys and straight piped gsxrs etc did not pass.

From the tests they did before the law went into effect, riders reported that nearly everything passed. Just obnoxiously loud harleys and straight piped gsxrs etc did not pass.

I can tell you my bandit 1200s didn't pass, stock except jetting and a yosh slip on. I think the rs3 is too loud, so I bought a quiet insert for it.
I also don't bother with the Forks much. It's pretty twisty etc, but busy and way to short, I'd rather ride between Orangeville/collingwood, or muskoka/kawarthas.

I can tell you my bandit 1200s didn't pass, stock except jetting and a yosh slip on. I think the rs3 is too loud, so I bought a quiet insert for it.
I also don't bother with the Forks much. It's pretty twisty etc, but busy and way to short, I'd rather ride between Orangeville/collingwood, or muskoka/kawarthas.

Exactly this. Everyone gets all worked up for the spot and it's a whole 7 km long. Wow. Worth all the hassle...there's much better roads not far from there where you don't get harassed just because you're on a motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom