2014_04_02 401 @ Avenue Road GWS | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014_04_02 401 @ Avenue Road GWS

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
GWS Rider.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/02/man-hospitalized-after-hwy-401-motorcycle-crash/

Man hospitalized after Hwy. 401 motorcycle crash
04/02/2014 02:55 PM Toronto Staff
Share. A man in his 30s has been rushed to hospital in serious but non life-threatening condition after crashing his motorcycle on Highway 401, just east of Avenue Road.

The single-vehicle crash happened in the eastbound collectors lane. All collector lanes will be closed for several hours as police investigate.

UPDATE:
http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/02/man-hospitalized-after-hwy-401-motorcycle-crash/
A 28-year-old man is in hospital in serious but non life-threatening condition after crashing his motorcycle on Highway 401, just east of Avenue Road.

The OPP said shortly after 1:30 p.m. Wednesday the motorcycle was heading eastbound on the 401 collector lanes when, for unknown reasons, it made contact with a car, causing the rider to lose control of the bike.

The rider was then ejected from the motorcycle and landed on the highway, police said.

All collector lanes were closed for several hours as police conducted their investigation.

Last edited:
And so it begins... GWS rider.

Ride safe and be alert everyone.

*big sigh

Get well soon rider!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Media is saying he's in stable condition.... Gws..

Rider here. I'm all good. Was really hoping my first post wouldn't be in this thread!!!

Got released from the hospital at 1:00am last night. Tried to respond to this post last night but had horrible service at Sunnybrook. I can't say enough about Rev It's suits. I was wearing a full suit and I'm sure that saved my *** from a lot of rash!!

Glad to hear you're okay. I have a RevIt textile suit as well as a leather one. I haven't crash tested them but it's nice to hear that your gear protected you at highway speeds.

Good to hear that you are ok, take it easy out there, the cagers don't understand that bikes are now on the road...be safe!

Rider here. I'm all good. Was really hoping my first post wouldn't be in this thread!!!

Got released from the hospital at 1:00am last night. Tried to respond to this post last night but had horrible service at Sunnybrook. I can't say enough about Rev It's suits. I was wearing a full suit and I'm sure that saved my *** from a lot of rash!!

Thanks for the update, glad to hear all is well.

Do you mind sharing some of the details leading to the accident? If you're still a little shaken, don't worry about it.

Thanks

Great to hear that you are ok.

:>

Glad to hear your out of the hospital. GWS. (although I don't believe the hospital would discharge a patient with ongoing bleeding of the brain...we won't see a 3rd post from the OP if that's the case.)

Back
Top Bottom