Expired Licence | GTAMotorcycle.com

Expired Licence

My M2 expired last year. Do they give you an M1 at least, or you actually have to go through the whole process again? Thanks.
Start from scratch, without the M1 waiting period to test for M2.

I believe its the entire process. But its possible you just pay $8 renewal for the m1.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

you get to act smug to the real m1 holders. That's about the only dif other than the elimination of the wait period.

My friend is in a similar situation.... Got m1 then m2 at sheridan.... But let it expire after 5 years.....

After he writes his m1 again... How soon can he do the m2.... Is it at a lower cost? Can he skip the m2 and do the M test?

This whole multi stage licensing process seems to produce some very good riders.

My M2 lapsed when I couldn't afford a bike during the holding period at the time. You have to start fully from scratch at full cost and waiting periods.

I re-did an M1 rider training course so since I was way out of practice and hadn't been on a bike since my M1 exit.

Last edited:

My M2 lapsed when I couldn't afford a bike during the holding period at the time. You have to start fully from scratch at full cost and waiting periods.

They can throw money and policy at education all they want nothing beats application. That falls into the realm of personal responsibility.

If you had your M2 and it expired, once you get your M2 you don't have to wait to go get your M.

[h=3]Novice licence expired less than 3 years[/h]Licence type: G1, G2, M1, M2, M2-L
Process: when you reapply for a new licence, you do not have to serve the mandatory waiting periods. You can book your first road test as soon as you pass your eye test. You can book your G2 road test, as soon as you pass your G1 road test.

So in guessing this is only in effect if it's been less than 3 years?

If it's been expired for less than 3 years. So like 8 years from the date of your M1

Back
Top Bottom