Holy crap guys! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy crap guys!

"holy crap I almost died" ... I shall go right back to what I was doing

He went from 230 to 124 in 2.5 seconds..... wow

That guy was literally a few inches from death
You should look up the work literally... Inches more me MIGHT have dumped it. Feet more he would of been dead.

What this video shows is that the rider is a ****ing idiot.
There is no way that the cager should reasonably expect the closing speed of that bike to be ~120-140kph! A mirror check would show 200m of open space and with that kind of distance a lane change should be completely safe.
There is a complete disregard for the safety of the other people on that highway.

Last edited:
What this video shows is that the rider is a ****ing idiot.
There is no way that the cager should reasonably expect that the closing speed of that bike to be ~120-140MPH!!!! A mirror check would show 200m of open space and with that kind of distance a lane change should be completely safe.
There is a complete disregard for the safety of the other people on that highway.

Fixed

....and agree

European driving at it's finest.....

Actaully the cager was more at fault than the bike rider, dependant on the location....

Some of you guys need to get out to Europe and experience driving over there......it's not the same as here.....

On stretches of the highway unless your going and going fast stay out of the left lane.....I am usually doing about 150-175 and do not sit in the left lane, there are cars still passing me at that speed, so I stay to the right.....

the cager was careless and unfortunately not paying enough attention.....

European driving at it's finest.....

Actaully the cager was more at fault than the bike rider, dependant on the location....

Some of you guys need to get out to Europe and experience driving over there......it's not the same as here.....

On stretches of the highway unless your going and going fast stay out of the left lane.....I am usually doing about 150-175 and do not sit in the left lane, there are cars still passing me at that speed, so I stay to the right.....

the cager was careless and unfortunately not paying enough attention.....

No chance
The vehicle was in the right lane and made a lane change to pass a slower moving vehicle.
As I stated before, one can not reasonably expect a closing speed like that. The rider was passing cars like they weren't even moving so you can't tell me that sort of speed is the norm. 240 isn't the norm anywhere. It's reckless riding and he's lucky that he didn't end up in the back seat of that car

hit the Autobahn.....and your good to go....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_Germany

Any person driving a vehicle may only drive so fast that the car is under control. Speeds must be adapted to the road, traffic, visibility and weather conditions as well as the personal skills and characteristics of the vehicle and load.

German autobahns are famous for having no universal motorway speed limit, although slightly more than 50% of them have posted speed limits[SUP][14][/SUP] and about 10% are equipped with motorway control systems that can show variable speed limits.[SUP][15][/SUP] There is no national speed limit, either, for cars and motorcycles on any highway outside of towns if it has a central reservation or a minimum of two marked lanes per direction. Because of this, almost every day you can be overtaken by cars or motorcycles traveling over 200 km per hour (125 mph). On such roads, as well as motorways, a recommended speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 km/h (81 mph) applies. While driving at higher speeds is not punishable, the increased risk induced by higher speeds (erhöhte Betriebsgefahr) may result in partial liability for damages. Moreover, the law forbids to travel at speeds that would prolong the vehicle's minimum halting distance beyond the driver's line of sight.[SUP][16][/SUP] On all German roads, there are speed limits for trucks, buses, cars towing trailers, and small motorised vehicles (Mopeds, etc.).

The introduction of a national speed limit for motorways and similar roads has been on the agenda of various political and environmentalist groups for decades, but at present, there are still no definite plans on behalf of the federal government regarding the matter.

the guy on the bike was in control......

I take it your not European.......or have any experience over there, it's a shame.....

what takes them to cover on the highways in a few hours, takes us 2 to 3 times longer because of slower speeds......

Take a vacation out in Europe one day and then tell me if you still feel the same.....

I take it your not European.......or have any experience over there, it's a shame.....

what takes them to cover on the highways in a few hours, takes us 2 to 3 times longer because of slower speeds......

Take a vacation out in Europe one day and then tell me if you still feel the same.....

If we're going to have to bring up the tired Autobahn argument you also need to consider this:

Where no general limit is required, the advisory speed limit is 130 km/h, referred to in German as the Richtgeschwindigkeit. The advisory speed is not enforceable, however, being involved in an accident driving at higher speeds can lead to the driver being deemed at least partially responsible due to "increased operating danger" (Erhöhte Betriebsgefahr).

Back
Top Bottom