Tire PSI question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire PSI question

axian_rider

Hey guys,

Just want to ask if anyone has any idea on this: I just started riding again yesterday (winter is finally over!), and filled both tire up to 35 PSI. Rode most of the day yesterday, and when I check the pressure today, the front tire only has 30 psi, and the rear wheel has 4 psi! I've checked and didn't notice any leaks... any idea?

Also, how much should I expect for another set of wheels? And any recommendation on where to get them with installs? (I live in Scarborough area).

Thanks!

Fill the tires back up with air and take a bucket of very soapy water and apply the soapy water around the tire and where the tire seats on the rim, if there's any leaks you'll see bubbles. Don't forget to check the valvestem even where you put the air in.

Dave at Competition Cycle is in Whitby and has great prices, I don't know of any shops in Scarborough.

Thanks.. any scarborough recommendation? Gonna try the soap water method again tomorrow morning

Speedworx isn't too far from Scarborough. Either Competition Cycle or Speedworx will serve you well in the East End.

Hey guys,

Just want to ask if anyone has any idea on this: I just started riding again yesterday (winter is finally over!), and filled both tire up to 35 PSI. Rode most of the day yesterday, and when I check the pressure today, the front tire only has 30 psi, and the rear wheel has 4 psi! I've checked and didn't notice any leaks... any idea?

Also, how much should I expect for another set of wheels? And any recommendation on where to get them with installs? (I live in Scarborough area).

Thanks!

Double check your PSI readings with another gauge if possible.

I agree.
4 psi is FLAT. Like completely unridable flat

x3

My pump gauge gives me 10psi more than one of those pencil gauges from the gas station. I have two of the pencil ones, one gives me 5 psi less, one seems to be perfect as I compared it when I went to a shop.

Also make sure you put it on the valve properly. I know this sounds silly but it happens to the best of us if that's the case.

It doesn't matter what gauge you use as long as you know the difference it is off from compared to a reliable (expensive) instrument.

Don't drop them if you can avoid it. They can lose calibration just like torque wrenches if abused.

4 psi is a flat tire. If your tire is tubeless you have pierced it or the bead is not seated right. If tubed you will need a new inner tube. The outer tube won't matter but remove the nail or whatever it was.

went to speedworx this morning and found out the culprit being a stupid metal shrapnel, thanks for the service of Eric and Fawaz, good price and friendly ppl!

Back
Top Bottom