Great rate at TD MM | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great rate at TD MM

MSRP

If you're in the market for insurance and belong to a post-secondary alumni/professional group, give TD MM a ring--just got insured and on the road yesterday, and the rates were even lower than I had originally ballparked prior to purchasing the bike in the fall:

OPERATOR:
Operator Age: 25
Years Licensed on Motorcycle: 6 months (since last Sept) GM2 (full G for 8 years)
Number of Claims in last 6 Years: 0
Number of Convictions in last 3 Years: 0
First 3 Characters of Postal Code: L4E

MOTORCYCLE:
Year of Bike: 2007
Make of Bike: Kawasaki
Model of Bike: ex500
Displacement (CC): 500

PREMIUM:
Insurance Company (Listed on the Pink Slip, not the broker): ______ don't recall at the moment
Did you purchase Collision coverage (Y/N)? N
Did you purchase Comprehensive (i.e. Fire & Theft) coverage (Y/N)? N
Annual Premium: just under $1,100

FWIW, I could have purchased collision and comprehensive for an extra $80 a year, but they required an alarm on the bike. But the bike's only worth $2,000 if that, so NOPE.

Close second was Seamus Kelley at $2-300 more/year.
Duffy quoted 3x that of TD MM.

Last edited:
Weird, I've got full coverage with TD and they never asked for an alarm system!
Not necessarily an alarm, I quote (vaguely): 3 of the following: immobilizer, gps-tracking, audible alarm, and a host of other 'security features'.. just needed a combination of 3 from the list.

Not necessarily an alarm, I quote (vaguely): 3 of the following: immobilizer, gps-tracking, audible alarm, and a host of other 'security features'.. just needed a combination of 3 from the list.

I don't have any of those. Maybe it's because of the type of bike I have and how no one wants it?? LOL

I did it online a few nights ago, and they wanted over 5000$ a year for my r6 LOL!!!

I don't have any of those. Maybe it's because of the type of bike I have and how no one wants it?? LOL

Who wants a 2007 Ninja 500/ex500? I'd wager not many!!

called TD today and they wanted over $4000 on a street triple r...no thanks

YMMV. Are you a member of some bigger group?--their rates before and after university alumni discount was significant.

I did it online a few nights ago, and they wanted over 5000$ a year for my r6 LOL!!!

Call in instead--online's don't mean squat especially when there are so many other variables before actually getting the temp insurance email sent to your inbox.

TD is nothing special. TDMM is. It depends on which group rate you have.

I'm 37, g for 20+ years, just m2 Oct 2014, l6a area, 2009 ninja 500 (ex500), full coverage with no requirement of any security system, td home auto for 1150 for the year.

+1 for TDMM, especially for their alumni discounts!

I'm 32, G license for 15 years and M license for just over 7.
Cost for full coverage with 1M liability, with $1,000 deductable is around $700/yr for a 2009 Suzuki C50 SE.
When I had my Katana, my rate was just less than $500/yr.
Nobody else can touch those rates!

QFNutD2.gif

Start preparing that industrial lube, the rate increases be coming!

The OP was my first year rates
Second year ended up being high $800's

2016's renewal forms just came in, zero claims/tickets, $1250. Now 27y/o, nothing else on this policy.

Uhhh, looks like I get to spend my holidays calling various other brokers... not happy at all.

angry-computer-fire-gif-hahahahahahahahahahahaha-Favimcom-371896-1.gif

I have my car and home with TD MM, but not the CBR650F. I did have the CBR250RA with them previously as no one could touch their rate, but with the CBR650F they wanted $700-800/year more than everywhere else I called. According to TD MM, the 650F was a dangerous race bike, with a bigger more powerful engine than the CBR600RRA...

As for the alarms, I think that is only if you have a supersport by their definition. My 250RA didn't require one, but if I went with them on the new bike, I needed one.

Also, no one understands how rates really work, except the insurance company. When quoting bikes, I also noted that TD MM doubled the rate on the Ninja 650R a few years back. When I asked for more details, it seems lots crashed them, so they rated it a risky bike, lol. They actually said, in some cases, a more expensive bike is cheaper to insure if very few have them, since there are very few claims against that model. Sort of like saying a LeFerrari is a lower risk vehicle than a Honda Civic, given how many clvics are in accidents each year in Ontario vs LeFerraris...

I don't believe TD has good rates at all! I'm glad i'm not with them anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe TD has good rates at all! I'm glad i'm not with them anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As mentioned higher, TD insurance is nothing special

TD MM though is another beast.
With all my rebates (car & house), first time rider on my cb500x, im paying about 1000 per year.

But I wanted to check how much it would be for an fz07 and we were looking at about double the amount lol... ill keep the cb500x for a lil while longer hehe

Just got my renewal for my 06 GSXR in Brampton. It went up from $1080 to $1408!!!! No Tickets or accidents! Going up 30% for no reason is unacceptable.

I think its time to sell my bike. I'm tired of this.

Just got my renewal for my 06 GSXR in Brampton. It went up from $1080 to $1408!!!! No Tickets or accidents! Going up 30% for no reason is unacceptable.

I think its time to sell my bike. I'm tired of this.

Same think happened to me..time to switch buddy!!

nobody else to switch to. They were my last option last year. I'm going to sell my bike in spring, I cant do this game anymore.

Back
Top Bottom