Great rate at TD MM | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great rate at TD MM

There is a large amount of legacy systems that function in the background that have to work with 'new' technology. Insurance companies (like most established corporations and entities) don't fix things until they ABSOLUTELY need to. So getting your website to pull information from a 30 year old Mainframe running COBOL written host jobs takes a while to update.
How do you think all these financial institutions make their money? Not investing to upgrade the architecture and using bandaids

There is a large amount of legacy systems that function in the background that have to work with 'new' technology. Insurance companies (like most established corporations and entities) don't fix things until they ABSOLUTELY need to. So getting your website to pull information from a 30 year old Mainframe running COBOL written host jobs takes a while to update.
I honestly have no clue what you just said. But I get the gist of it.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

signed with TD today web quoted 1300.00 (41 yr old, clean record m2 2013 gsxr 600) called in and got it for $1000.00 full coverage I do need to get an alarm. 50% less then SF

Any chance you can provide the name and extension of the agent that assisted you for people who are still shopping?

Any chance you can provide the name and extension of the agent that assisted you for people who are still shopping?

I don't think it is rep specific. I called today about a new 2016 ZX10 KRT. Full coverage 1348/yr The key things they want according to the nice girl from PEI ( call centre is there). Low risk!! , 6 yrs bike insurance already under your belt, older, full M, spiffy clean record and no at fault claims... Oh LOCATION OF YOUR RESIDENCE!! (I don't live near the GTA. )
That's why she said my rate quote was "reasonable " compared to other people she's quoted. ( prior caller was quoted $7000.00. ) P.S. I also have my home and auto with them, they have more history on me than I will ever remember..

Thank you ; Mikey Moto, RotoBox CF, Blue Streak Racing, JT Sprockets, HiFlo Filters, Champion Cycle, Kennedy Motorsports, Dyno-Jet. For your help and support.
www.cementheadracing.ca

Last edited:

Old it is, but it is tested, has passed QA's huge amount of use cases, and probably has a huge number of other legacy and newer systems feeding off of it, has passed a number of auditing requirements. A most importantly it is paid for. So if it works, don't mess with it.

. So if it works, don't mess with it.

A lot of companies have learned the hard way that going against that, when not completely and totally unavoidably necessary..was a bad idea.

My company still uses custom dispatch and freight handling software written exclusively for them back in the early 80's. It's been tweaked and adjusted as necessary over the years to fulfil new functions and such, but it's still basically the glowing green CRT text based system it was back when it was originally built, just running on newer PC's now instead of the dumb terminals and central server setup that was originally there.

It works. Don't F with it. Someone gets it.

A lot of companies have learned the hard way that going against that, when not completely and totally unavoidably necessary..was a bad idea.

My company still uses custom dispatch and freight handling software written exclusively for them back in the early 80's. It's been tweaked and adjusted as necessary over the years to fulfil new functions and such, but it's still basically the glowing green CRT text based system it was back when it was originally built, just running on newer PC's now instead of the dumb terminals and central server setup that was originally there.

It works. Don't F with it. Someone gets it.

Absolutely if it works don't touch it. Problems arise though, when you want to add features and functionality that are deemed important now, but weren't even in scope when initially introduced.
It's like trying to turn your coffee maker into a steam cleaner because it can boil water.

anyway, back to the original topic, best thing is to shop around, and have the exact info needed for accurate quotes. with the internet and how quickly you can look up information, dedicating 1 day per year, could save you hundreds in premium costs.

Just got my renewal for my 06 GSXR in Brampton. It went up from $1080 to $1408!!!! No Tickets or accidents! Going up 30% for no reason is unacceptable.

I think its time to sell my bike. I'm tired of this.

I feel ur pain bro... 07 GSXR in Mississauga... About $1300 to 1800.. No accidents or tickets either...and I am old as dirt. Time to sell indeed..

My rate just went down appx $200 by using my new address in Orangeville instead of using my Toronto address

My rate just went down appx $200 by using my new address in Orangeville instead of using my Toronto address

That'll do it. I remember my insurance skyrocketing moving from Orangeville to Toronto, then more so moving downtown Toronto.

In other news, my CBR250 quote is up almost $200 from last year to $1143 with TDMM. State Farm is still cheaper but not much.

Add my name to the list of {now former} TD motorcycle customers whom just got a renewal go over 35% rate hike for NO reason!

No recent tickets or claims.. same bike,, same household.. same everything.

I called to complain & all they could say is they're going through a "restructuring" which is causing motorbike rates to jump.

Well to heck with that!

I called ThePersonal for a quote, but they were pretty much the same $$ as TD

I then called CIBC just for giggles, but still the annual quote was about the same :(

Finally I called Mantha brokers and, woohoo their quote was right in the same ballpark as my last years rate!

So I'm leaving TD, obviously. I'm sure that won't cripple them much, but along with the bike I'll eventually be taking out my home insurance and both our car insurance policies from them too... yah I'm bitter

signed with TD today web quoted 1300.00 (41 yr old, clean record m2 2013 gsxr 600) called in and got it for $1000.00 full coverage I do need to get an alarm. 50% less then SF
gotcha beat on this...im 32 and now pay $650 a year on my 09 cbr600rr through my broker...pm me if you want her info

Back
Top Bottom