Unifor vote for Toyota | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unifor vote for Toyota

There's many different unions as far as cunstructuon workers go, I'm surprised this is a new thing for you. Plumbers, electricians, iron workers, general labour, hvac, elevators, drywallers, and I'm probably missing some, all have unions.

Just to clarify, I have heard of variety of unions, I just don't recall hearing plumbers or electricians for example being on a strike.

If everyone was like you or your union perhaps there would not be such a negative view of them ... but that's hardly the case. The way some of them consider seniority, banking sick days, sick leaves ..... is just mind boggling in today's environment and especially compared to people who work in private non-unionized sector.

Just to clarify, I have heard of variety of unions, I just don't recall hearing plumbers or electricians for example being on a strike.

If everyone was like you or your union perhaps there would not be such a negative view of them ... but that's hardly the case. The way some of them consider seniority, banking sick days, sick leaves ..... is just mind boggling in today's environment and especially compared to people who work in private non-unionized sector.

Public sector unions where their pay/benefits/pension is paid by your tax dollars negotiated on your behalf by someone who doesn't have your interests at heart. That's a whole different thing than joeblow trying to make a living wage.

Oh, and effing ps,
I went to the cardiologist Wednesday referred by family doc due to specific angina like pain in my collarbone area. Cardiologist did not treat me like valued customer, would not answer questions but asked about my drug plan twice. His wages are paid by tax dollars and bumped by big pharma. He will be paid OK for this non visit visit. That's communism.

Last edited:
Sounds like u want the american health care system?

No. I'm describing how comfortable and complacent some people can get. It's not like the good Dr. needs to win me over.

It's kind of a strange outcome, no? Wasn't the vote to determine whether they have enough cards signed? But they cancelled the vote???

Apparently Unifor either didn't know how many employees Toyota had, or there are some other shenanigans going on. (They need to show 40% of the workforce is interested in order to force a vote)

this is the 3rd union attempt at toyota.

They called a vote all other times, and same result. Not enough cards signed.

I'm not surprised about them calling off the vote. The support isn't here. Hell, more anti union employees rally than pro union guys.

Keep the union out of Toyota, as we don't need one. I don't work in a 1930's coal mine.

Back
Top Bottom