Need help installing after-market fairings | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help installing after-market fairings

nxus12

Hey Guys,

I need a good place to go and have a set of after market fairings installed. The usual headaches like holes not lining up properly have proven to much of an obstacle for me and before I destroy them I figured I would see if I could get them installed by someone. I only have a $200 budget for this otherwise I'm going to just keep banging my head against the wall. Hit me up at getdean - gmail . com if interested or if you know of somewhere I could try.
Bike is a 2008 R6
Mods sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Cheers,

Dean

CarbonCat from this forum.

That's the problem with these Chinese/Taiwanese aftermarket kits, they're substantially softer and poorly designed. Is it race fairings or replacing damaged factory fairings?

It will help to know whose fairings you bought ... partly to help anyone decide whether they want to help your or not, and partly to serve as a warning about what not to buy ...

Are they warm? Plastics are more malleable when hot. Try and heat em up and fit them. Unmounted fairings tend to curl in - turn up the heat and give that a try.

Are they warm? Plastics are more malleable when hot. Try and heat em up and fit them. Unmounted fairings tend to curl in - turn up the heat and give that a try.

.. than keep turning up the heat till you start a fire. Throw em in the fire. Done.

.. than keep turning up the heat till you start a fire. Throw em in the fire. Done.

Then call this guy^ before you lose your whole garage lol. Pm carboncat, I hear he does great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is your issue..."Mold Type: Compression Mold", you need some kind of injection molding fairing kit for better fitment!

Some of these kits just DONT fit no matter what you do. I have seen mounting points over an inch out. No fixing that. Good luck with it.

Here is your issue..."Mold Type: Compression Mold", you need some kind of injection molding fairing kit for better fitment!
It don't matter what type of form it is. Oem is using both methods depend on plastic part, bottom line you cannot create oem form factor using oem plastic piece, the way Chinese do it, so result is wild whoever supplier it may be. I don't even mention those little rubber spacers, velcro missing and orange peel paint.

Back
Top Bottom