Panigale Crash. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Panigale Crash.

Let's not forget the van went through a red light ;), though I do agree he used poor judgement and assumed the driver was pulling into the left lane.

I love how everyone on here calls him dumb.. :lmao:

Like none of you have ever made a mistake in your life... Hell, we got guys on here who dropped their bike on pine cones going 5 km/h in a parking lot.
LMAO

Poor judgment..yes.
But wtf is up with these drivers. Do they even look before making am effing turn?
If I saw that in person im pretty sure the van driver wpuld be heading to the er

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Like none of you have ever made a mistake in your life... Hell, we got guys on here who dropped their bike on pine cones going 5 km/h in a parking lot.
LMAO
LMAO, Please do tell.

The van is also at fault here.
Red light for the van means the van should stop and proceed with caution and that the van should make the turn when it is safe to do so (not obstructing traffic). FYI, a cop can give you a ticket if the car behind you, after you make a right turn into a main road, hits his brakes to avoid a collision. Obv the van did not see the bike and not only did the van not make the turn in a safely manner but the van also turned incorrectly by turning wide making it take BOTH in and outside lane. If the van turned into the outside lane properly rather than in between the 2 lanes then this wouldn't have occurred. keep in mind, the van wen't in out in when attacking the turn:lmao:.
You can't argue in court that the has a really good bike with extremely strong brakes. What if it wasn't a Duc? what if it was a bicycle rider that was mid way through the intersection when the van made it's unsafe maneuver? same ****. van didnt judge properly. perpendicular(?) traffic had the right of way

Riders fault would be
speeding prob 10-15 over
not slowing down even if the rider could have done so the moment the rider saw the van turn into the lane

edit: true story. My buddy got a ticket because he turned right into a street and the car behind him had to slow down to avoid collision. Unfortunately for him that car was a cop. He got a ticket.

LMAO

1) Riding a borrowed and unfamiliar bike at what appears to be much quicker than speed limit
2) Not slowing down when van pulls around corner
3) Attempting to squeeze between van and shoulder

Add 1, 2 and 3 and you get a grand total of DUMB.

Cops, tickets, two R6's stolen, one R6 written off and now this. Think the universe might be telling this guy something?

Cops, tickets, two R6's stolen, one R6 written off and now this. Think the universe might be telling this guy something?

Yea, he has too much money.

The van is also at fault here.
Red light for the van means the van should stop and proceed with caution and that the van should make the turn when it is safe to do so (not obstructing traffic). FYI, a cop can give you a ticket if the car behind you, after you make a right turn into a main road, hits his brakes to avoid a collision. Obv the van did not see the bike and not only did the van not make the turn in a safely manner but the van also turned incorrectly by turning wide making it take BOTH in and outside lane. If the van turned into the outside lane properly rather than in between the 2 lanes then this wouldn't have occurred. keep in mind, the van wen't in out in when attacking the turn:lmao:.
You can't argue in court that the has a really good bike with extremely strong brakes. What if it wasn't a Duc? what if it was a bicycle rider that was mid way through the intersection when the van made it's unsafe maneuver? same ****. van didnt judge properly. perpendicular(?) traffic had the right of way

Riders fault would be
speeding prob 10-15 over
not slowing down even if the rider could have done so the moment the rider saw the van turn into the lane

edit: true story. My buddy got a ticket because he turned right into a street and the car behind him had to slow down to avoid collision. Unfortunately for him that car was a cop. He got a ticket.

The van might technically be in the wrong here, however this is a totally predictable move. This is how many many many drivers in Toronto perform a right-on-red, hell the minivan even signalled. The most damning part of the video is you can see that van is there the moment the intersection comes into view. The less obvious part of this video is that the driver of the minivan probably DID see the bike, but misjudged its speed. It is harder to judge the speed of a motorcycle because the prominent points of reference are the headlights, and they are usually either very close together, or there is only one of them. And I personally feel that the bike is doing more than 10-15 over, unless you are talking MPH.

Were this video produced in court, I highly doubt the minivan driver would be found liable.

It's the mini-vans..... ALWAYS the mini-vans.

C2W explains his thoughts during the accident.
[video=youtube;5lZSC3Vu20E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZSC3Vu20E[/video]

Bike has ABS, no longer any excuse...

C2W explains his thoughts during the accident.
[video=youtube;5lZSC3Vu20E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZSC3Vu20E[/video]

What Boots said, watch the video. It was avoidable when he first saw the taxi, but his thought process makes sense after it pulls out. Could happen to anyone. The wide angle lens on the helmet cam is misleading the second angle shows what happened more clearly.

Back
Top Bottom