California Superbike School | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

California Superbike School

Wow jealous.

I'm interested in doing a course to improve and better understand techniques.

Would you recommend this?

Did you have to bring your own gear?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

glad to hear you had a great time, now you can continue your learning through racer5 or FAST school at home!

JCH91 - I'm not sure about the others, but for CSS and for FAST you can use your own bike and gear, or you can choose to use theirs. Of course it's a few bucks more to use their stuff but for a lot of people it makes sense.

Any course is better than no course, so research the locals first and pick what sounds good.

Wow jealous.

I'm interested in doing a course to improve and better understand techniques.

Would you recommend this?

Did you have to bring your own gear?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

I would definitely recommend it, however, it's quite pricey - airfare, hotel, rental car, course fees. I brought my own leathers etc because I have them and they are more comfortable. Fast School is also very good. I've taken level 1. In fact, I'm going again in early June to take a friend of mine. She bought my F800 and has 1 year of riding and told her that this would be the best time to take level 1. I'm taking the course again with her (so she's more comfortable) but with my new track bike so I can get used to it on a smaller track before I hit Calabogie. Refresher courses are always great. You learn something new every time.

IT WAS A FRICKEN BLAST !!!!! Had a real problem with sticking my leg out (don't like it) so the coach worked with me on the lean bike. Said the only reason to stick it out was to be able to gauge how close you are to the track ... clearly that would not be a problem for me as I couldn't get over that far, but I was able to lean my upper body enough to make a serious difference for me.

I had a similar problem and they worked extra with me on the lean bike...instructor kept telling me to rotate my hips and pretend I was trying to pee on the apex....guess they didn't give you that advice..did they :confused:

I had a similar problem and they worked extra with me on the lean bike...instructor kept telling me to rotate my hips and pretend I was trying to pee on the apex....guess they didn't give you that advice..did they :confused:

OMG that's great. NOPE, I didn't get that advise, however, I did get "when you lean your upper body in to the turn, hook your tit on the edge of the tank". Worked for me!!!:lmao:

OMG that's great. NOPE, I didn't get that advise, however, I did get "when you lean your upper body in to the turn, hook your tit on the edge of the tank". Worked for me!!!:lmao:

Glad I wasn't there to hear that....wouldn't have been able to concentrate after...:) Next time maybe I'll just spectate :rolleyes:
Although it seems like inconsistent advice to me...I mean a Kate Upton would be in a totally different position than a Kiera Knightly :confused:

Need to do more research....

Bimmer, I saw the whole thing firsthand. She is more Kate than Keira BUT what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas - just sayin'.

I was actually looking into doing the 2x day course at Vegas as well. When I messaged them it had a great discount (about $800 less). But the weekend just didn't work for me... I'm hoping to do the 1 day course in August. Maybe 2 day for level 2-3 next year.

I was actually looking into doing the 2x day course at Vegas as well. When I messaged them it had a great discount (about $800 less). But the weekend just didn't work for me... I'm hoping to do the 1 day course in August. Maybe 2 day for level 2-3 next year.

Hope you are able to book something at CSS this year with your schedule. You won't be disappointed. Looks like CSS is in NJ and VA in August and I would think it is going to be pretty damn hot and crazy humid at that time. I would love to do VA, as the course is supposed to be a great teaching course, but I just can't take the humidity. We are going back Vegas Oct 18/19 for the 2 day course where temps are around 80 degrees with no humidity ... a little more tolerable for me, but still hot in leathers.

Back
Top Bottom