HOV Lanes Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

HOV Lanes Toronto

kazmiaad

Did a search, but nothing recent**** came up..
Are we (motorcyclists) allowed on HOV lanes during the rush hour times???? All the HOV lane signs in my area clearly show a picture of a motorcycle (ex. Eglinton, Don mills, etc.. etc..)

Just want to make sure thanks!

Only on signed city of Toronto lanes with a picture of a bike.

Not allowed at all on provincial lanes. Send Glen Murray, Ontario's transportation minister a polite tweet @Glen4ONT and ask for bikes in provincial hov lanes.

Did a search, but nothing recent**** came up..
Are we (motorcyclists) allowed on HOV lanes during the rush hour times???? All the HOV lane signs in my area clearly show a picture of a motorcycle (ex. Eglinton, Don mills, etc.. etc..)

Just want to make sure thanks!

Follow the signs. If motorcycles are on it, the sign applies to us as it does to any other vehicle.

I've wondered if the HOV access is when you have Pillion only or can you ride alone in that lane.

D

Thx bud.
D

In Toronto HOV it is allowed if solo and signed.

In Provincial you must have a passenger. No passenger, you must exit the lane. Solo is not allowed in Provincial HOV. This is why I say for people to tweet to Glen Murray.

I know this is a serious sub-forum, but I can't get this thought out of my head:

What if I ride alone in the provincial HOV lane wearing a t-shirt that says "If you can read this, the b**** fell off"? :)

LOL but seriously still ticketed as when the officer saw you it was a solo rider..lol Of course then you would need to tell them where you lost her and if she was still alive..lmao

I know this is a serious sub-forum, but I can't get this thought out of my head:

What if I ride alone in the provincial HOV lane wearing a t-shirt that says "If you can read this, the b**** fell off"? :)

In Toronto HOV it is allowed if solo and signed.

In Provincial you must have a passenger. No passenger, you must exit the lane. Solo is not allowed in Provincial HOV. This is why I say for people to tweet to Glen Murray.
Even if it's not signed, as long as it's a Toronto HOV lane you're allowed to use it w/o passenger.

Even if it's not signed, as long as it's a Toronto HOV lane you're allowed to use it w/o passenger.

Sure about that? What about the stretch along Eglington from about Yonge to Laird? Even multi passenger cars aren't allowed?

Yes, it's common sense. No bike sign, no bikes allowed. How can people get confused:confused:

Yes, it's common sense. No bike sign, no bikes allowed. How can people get confused:confused:

Because the actual discussion in council said that essentially all lanes would be opened up to bikes. It's the implementation that stated it would come into force with the change of signage. It's a case in which someone who is better informed can actually be mistaken.

There's an HOV lane on Eglinton from Brentclife to Mt.Pleasant(?) with no bike on it. Are we still allowed on it? I thought it's for all HOV lanes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an HOV lane on Eglinton from Brentclife to Mt.Pleasant(?) with no bike on it. Are we still allowed on it? I thought it's for all HOV lanes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer to this question is just 4 posts above yours.

Back
Top Bottom