Highspeed - 1 account 2 locations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highspeed - 1 account 2 locations?

CanuckDuc

Hey All - just wondering if anyone has any experience with having a single account but using it at 2 separate locations (home & cottage lets say). Currently I pay for Rogers at home and Bell at the cottage (Bell is the only ISP available at our location). I called Bell asking about it but they said no way. I don't mind bringing the modem back and forth if it means cutting my ISP cost in half! I tried bringing the cottage modem home this weekend and plugging it in - no go! Any ideas?

you can try switching home internet to bell. use it a month then cancel it. then bring cottage modem home and try again.

perhaps right now your cottage bell modem doesn't work at home is because your actual home isn't connected to bell dsl

worth a shot lol

Nope, not gonna work. The line has to be provisioned for DSL and that's where most of the cost comes from.

We tried that but could only get basic cable at the second location, they also disabled our Rogers PVR box so now it's just a paper weight.

Thanks folks - figured as much but thought it was worth a shot. Probably end up cancelling the Bell service at the cottage - not there enough to make the cost worth it.

If you get cellphone reception at your cottage just use your phone as a wifi hotspot.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom