Typo on safety's odometer reading | GTAMotorcycle.com

Typo on safety's odometer reading

matt220

So I just noticed the person who did my safety accidentally put down 240000km instead of 24000km. Unfortunately I already did everything to transfer the bike and get it plated at the MTO, will this pose a problem when I go to get my plate renewed?

It shouldn't be a problem for plate renewal, but your uvip is gonna look off when you sell it at 40 000k. The buyer will be like, "but you bought it at 240k, how can it be at 40k now?".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should get a call from Triumph UK soon - they'll give you an award for the highest mileage ever on a Triumph motorcycle and may offer you a new bike if you return your current and agree to publicity.

It shouldn't be a problem for plate renewal, but your uvip is gonna look off when you sell it at 40 000k. The buyer will be like, "but you bought it at 240k, how can it be at 40k now?".

Unless things have changed, motorcycle UVIPs don't track # of km.

Sorry, my bad. Pretty sure you're right. Brain fart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if it is possible to submit a "correction" to the MTO in this situation?

How can they really? Especially with vintage bikes, the gauges aren't particularly integral. I've swapped my speedo (and thus odometer) out, because it was making noise. Now it's in MPH (and the odo's in mi too). It's kinda sorta accurate. I can tell you I have between 20000-30000km on it, but not much more accurate. I've even ridden a couple thousand with the speedo/odo disconnected to stop the noise while I waited for the 'new' one.

Back
Top Bottom