Calabogie noise restriction | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calabogie noise restriction

Seriously? They only test you once and then assume no bike changes for the rest of the year?

Dave, I didn't notice, did you say what days you are going? I am not there until the end of July but I have the MGP exhaust which is supposed to be pretty loud (new to me bike so haven't had it on the track yet). *note to self pack the dbdawg that came with the bike.

Seriously? They only test you once and then assume no bike changes for the rest of the year?

I am pretty sure Bogie has continuous sound monitoring on-site. If there is something abnormal, they're going to investigate and find out who's responsible.

The continuous sound monitoring is what has allowed them to deflect criticism from certain loudmouth local residents who have done things such as file noise complaints when there is a bicycle race at the track. If the time of the noise complaint correlates with real-time measurements indicating that they were in compliance, bye-bye noise complaint. If there is a non-compliance situation, they have a problem.

At Mont-Tremblant there is a randomly-placed dB meter a certain distance from the track ... if your drive-by noise is too great, you get pulled off the track.

FYI the recently-built New York Safety Track is currently in legal trouble because they failed to abide by the track-use restrictions that they agreed to when applying for their zoning/permit.

Dave, I didn't notice, did you say what days you are going? I am not there until the end of July but I have the MGP exhaust which is supposed to be pretty loud (new to me bike so haven't had it on the track yet). *note to self pack the dbdawg that came with the bike.

We're on vacation the week of June 30th to July 4th so hoping for Monday June 30th or/and Tuesday July 1st.

Brian, that makes sense. I'm going to try my best to make my bike quiet. I don't like it being loud myself because it always sounds like there are 2 bikes right behind me. Last year at Grand Bend I was out for a full session on my own, but I thought I was being chased very closely. I put down some really good times but at the end of the session when I pulled off there was nobody in sight. LOL

anyone know if my zx6r without a muffler only cat with straight pipe will pass boogie? funny my 2008 cbr 1000 with yoshi s/o sounds louder

The only time I was ever sound tested at another track was at TMP in 2003.

The only time I was ever sound tested at another track was at TMP in 2003.

Nice. You think I'll have problems at shanny, tmp and mosport?

a9yha5u3.jpg
l

I've never seen sound testing at Shannonville or Mosport, and I haven't seen it at TMP for years. I'm pretty sure that all of those tracks have sound limits on the books, but if there's no enforcement ...

I've never seen sound testing at Shannonville or Mosport, and I haven't seen it at TMP for years. I'm pretty sure that all of those tracks have sound limits on the books, but if there's no enforcement ...

Thanks brianp

TMP never tested after they reopened in 2006 after building the giant noise berm.

daisoman, I have no idea if you'll have trouble elsewhere. My bike was quiet, with a 19" Two Bro's large oval can, back when Two Bro's made good pipes. Like Brian said, nobody else except Calabogie does testing, so probably won't be an issue I guess...

Cool sounds good. I'll bring the oem pipe worst case. It's just so heavy and quite.

Unfortunately dB Dawgs can cause the temperature in the pipe to go way way up and destroy the packing, ultimately making it louder. It doesn't take long either.

My bike failed terribly. 3 tries, all around 105dB. There was nothing I could do on-site to get it to pass. dB Dawgs are on back-order so Pro6 didn't have any, and the few that I tried from other people were way too small. The Arata has a 2.5" outlet... Anyway, I have some ideas to make a baffle, but may just get a stock exhaust to use at Calabogie next time. We shared GSXR Girl's bike for the day :)

Is there a cheap(free) way of checking my bikes exhaust? It's track only so I can't drive it anywhere. Ie: iPhone apps if they're any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom