Calabogie noise restriction | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calabogie noise restriction

This thread has me worried, I've booked two days at the end of July and don't want them to be a waste of a trip. We are running stock 2005 R6's one with a stock can the other one has a slip-on (don't know the brand). If pro6 is out of the DB dawgs, is anyone willing to let me borrow one? I'm gonna download an app to test the bikes to see if we are in the ballpark.[/QUO

Test one with stock can than switch it to the other bike. If you have to.

I have a dawg that I won't be using that weekend if you need it. I can probably even have it sent up for ya.

Btw. The sound check guy knows the steel wool/ pop can baffle trick. He isn't stupid. If complaints happen they have warned others that they will come back and retest if need be. I've seen it once at lunchtime for a few bikes. They stood at the wall with the meter and flagged those who had loud cans.

The other option is just to have it repacked. Clarington Cycle does mine every 2 years, 1 if I have a lot of days in.

I've never seen sound testing at Shannonville or Mosport, and I haven't seen it at TMP for years. I'm pretty sure that all of those tracks have sound limits on the books, but if there's no enforcement ...

I was tested once at Shannonville but that was back in 2003. Never been tested again. IIRC the level on the books there is 106 dBa. Never been tested at Mosport.

Tested with with a few different apps with varying results 80-98dbs, I got a dB Dawg just in case also. I have a spare 44-50 db dawg (black) if anyone is interested in it ($40).

Tested with with a few different apps with varying results 80-98dbs, I got a dB Dawg just in case also. I have a spare 44-50 db dawg (black) if anyone is interested in it ($40).

My Hindle race (straight through) can on my R6 passes with flying colours. I vote you'll have nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom