New KLR rider looking for some suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

New KLR rider looking for some suggestions

dan02

I just bought a KLR 650 and am completely new to the dual sport thing. I'm looking for some suggestions on where to try this bike out and see what it can do. I've taken a look at that Google Map from an earlier post and am looking forward to finding some of those roads users have suggested. From what I've read, this KLR isn't great on single track but I'd be willing to give anything a try. Does anyone know of any group dual sport rides coming up? I'd love to give this KLR a good test!

Cheers

Congrats on the new klr. There is a thread further down titled "anyone looking to do some dual-sporting", the guys are open to new people. Otherwise head west towards the kawarthas, tons of great roads/trails all through the area. Check out the "park to park" trail from Killbear to Algonquin, 230kms old rail trail so doable on a Klr, very scenic, free campsites on the trail, could make it an overnight, or push more, do it all in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in whitby and heading out for a ride sometime this afternoon for a pavement ride and to see how deep the snow is on the trails east of here. You're welcome to join me. Pm me and I'll set you up with some riding groups.

I just went and got myself a KLR 650 as well. Have always been a street rider, so looking forward to trying some dirt/gravel roads to start with. Let me know if you find anything good!

I just bought a KLR 650 and am completely new to the dual sport thing. I'm looking for some suggestions on where to try this bike out and see what it can do. I've taken a look at that Google Map from an earlier post and am looking forward to finding some of those roads users have suggested. From what I've read, this KLR isn't great on single track but I'd be willing to give anything a try. Does anyone know of any group dual sport rides coming up? I'd love to give this KLR a good test!

Cheers

The Bethany ride is only 3 weeks away on April 26th. It would be a great ride for you and your KLR. The ride usually starts at Haugens so it would be good for you as I see your in Whitby.

It was another great Bethany this year! Did you happen to make it out? I don't remember seeing many KLR's this year surprisingly...

Here is some footage from this year's event - you should definitely consider it for next year, it's always a blast!

[video=youtube;KvRZKdeGc8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvRZKdeGc8Q[/video]

Cheers

A couple years back Trail Tours did a 'big dog' day. I was on a dr650, but there were a bunch of guys on klrs. I don't know if that's something they regularly do, or if it was lined up thru odsc, but might be worth an email/call.

Back
Top Bottom