Visited Kahuna for the first time today with my wife. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Visited Kahuna for the first time today with my wife.

Derek Paisley

They need to get their sh|t together. What a disaster that place is.

I am sure they are good people with good intentions.

What they need is an opportunity to be on one of those Shop Makeover tv shows where some pro comes in and renovates and retrains.

Good luck to Kahuna. I hope they get it together as I'd hate to see another shop close their doors.

They need to get their sh|t together. What a disaster that place is.

I am sure they are good people with good intentions.

What they need is an opportunity to be on one of those Shop Makeover tv shows where some pro comes in and renovates and retrains.

Good luck to Kahuna. I hope they get it together as I'd hate to see another shop close their doors.

What did you dislike about the shop?

I do think they need a bigger place to fit all those bikes. I mean could you imagine if one bike tips over... DOMINO EFFECT waiting to happen.

Staff is awesome from the handle full of times I've been there. They always make sure you're taken care of.

Khauna and GP are top notch IMO. Riders Choice is on that list as well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I did not visit the initial two locations, how is suspect the owners didn't expect the new location to turn out as it did.

The arrangement of bikes was all over the place. Merchandising was next to non existent.

I'm sure they are good people. But the impression was not good.
I won't be buying my next bike there. I'm sorry to say.

At first I was confused, but I forgot they moved - I've never seen the new showroom. "Merchandising was next to non existent" is kinda sad, I wasn't super loyal to Kahuna but the fact they had a whole floor dedicated to gear and parts was one of the things they had going for them at the old place.

the new place is definitely a step down from the previous location. The original was also pretty good and had the best parking lot they've had.

Its quite a shame what they look like considering they pride themselves on being as being Canada's #1 Kawi dealer and have premium brands in the same location.

According to another thread here the #1 dealer of Kawi is in Quebec. Is this like how restaurants advertise that their meals are world famous?

Is the new place where Ride used to be? Is Greg still the sales manager at Ride? Kahuna now sells Ducs?

At first I was confused, but I forgot they moved - I've never seen the new showroom. "Merchandising was next to non existent" is kinda sad, I wasn't super loyal to Kahuna but the fact they had a whole floor dedicated to gear and parts was one of the things they had going for them at the old place.

Yea I agree completely. It was also somewhat close to home for me so I ended up visiting fairly often. But now I might as well go to GP and keep my account active there.
Service-wise, I was usually treated pretty well for the most part. And for some reason products always rang up less on the register than indicated on the price tag.

Ride /kahuna does not sell truimph or ducati any more ,as well i believe mv agusta too. ..check there website u don't see anymore.. ride and kahuna has same owner in case u didn't know

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kahuna is COMPLETE garbage. Can't even begin to explain how disappointed I am in them. Purchased a bike there and completely regret it, I wish I could go back and buy ANYWHERE else instead. Avoid at all costs.

Kahuna is COMPLETE garbage. Can't even begin to explain how disappointed I am in them. Purchased a bike there and completely regret it, I wish I could go back and buy ANYWHERE else instead. Avoid at all costs.

We need some context for those comments

Not here to slag anyone or any business but Kahuna lost my business. Last fall they had the demo rides and the Zx14r was on the list and I was beyond interested. I call them to arrange a ride and the person I talk to says he doesn't see it on their list but it should be. he tells me give him my number and he'll call me right back. Never get a call back and that same week I go buy 1 at Pickering Motor sports. My point is if you are in the sales business never ignore a potential customer. Not only do you lose a sale but word of mouth is a powerful thing. That experience alone will always keep me from ever going there. Also I had great service from Pickering power sports and appreciated their customer service.

I am going to chip in here. I have over the years bought 3 bikes from them. 2 for me and 1 for a friend. Never had a problem. Always great service.
Never regretted anything. Will keep going back there.

my friend has bought a bike there as well. And they committed for a delivery date in words, and have said will call back if there is a delay. They are way overdue the date and haven't called to notify. The only reason we know they are delayed is, because my friend called them right before heading out for what was a scheduled pick up. Very disappointing.

After all the bad reviews recently. I think if I HAD to buy from Kahuna, I'd make them guarantee delivery date, in writing. Before purchase. However, I don't foresee HAVING to buy a bike from them anytime soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After all the bad reviews recently. I think if I HAD to buy from Kahuna, I'd make them guarantee delivery date, in writing. Before purchase. However, I don't foresee HAVING to buy a bike from them anytime soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the mistake my friend and i didn't get it in writing. :/
Also had to remind them that there was a recall on one of the parts so they would do the work to fix it, since they are putting together the bike from the crate.

Back
Top Bottom