Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

I think everything is the same. The only thing that MAY be different would be the bolt pattern for the rotors. I have the R1 front end and the R6 rim fit in without any mods. The calipers fit perfect too.

Used some of this
yja5epy7.jpg

To clean up my home made headlight cover. Many years ago, I had thought it would be cool to put some window tint on it. Didn't work.

Looks like this now.
egyqu9yh.jpg

Waiting for a chain breaker, so I can start in my chain.

Got my new front rim from a forum member here - thanks very much.

u5u2a4uz.jpg

I painted it, but got some fish eyes on one side. So I decided to completely strip it and use some etch primer on it.

e9aze8u5.jpg

Got these in the mail yesterday

e3uqe9u5.jpg

Getting prepared for when my engine is ready

I actually looked at my cases today. Didn't have time to do anything - going in for night shift tonight.

I did glue my back cushion onto my seat. Hey, it's one step closer. Lol

ujyny7aq.jpg

Got my new rim painted and tire mounted.

yveru9uz.jpg

Thanks buddy.

Did a little more painting tonight.

hubyneza.jpg

hu6ynazy.jpg

Thanks Roomie. I was thinking about doing white speed blocks down the bodywork, but I best get my ass moving on my engine (if I want to get it on the road this season). My engine work should be finished shortly. I need to get the tranny back in, so I'm ready when the crank comes back.

Last edited:
Got my new reflective rim stripes on today. WTF - they don't give u enough to cover a 17" rim

epebubej.jpg

Will be getting my engine parts (from Gord Bush) back by Monday. Yeeess!

Engine parts are not done yet. Gord says tomorrow.

Need a couple of fittings and my leak-down tester will be done (ready for engine rebuild).

3ygejy5y.jpg

Got the leakdown tester finished

u9ugubyp.jpg

$17 for the pushlok to female NPT fitting. Holy crap.

Started assembling the tranny

zynenuty.jpg

No. I refuse to take that long. Lol.

I'm almost there.

Did an online insurance quote with TD - $345/yr for 2M liability. Not bad.

duremuru.jpg

Got my tranny back together - seems to shift properly. Gotta get some gear oil for the crankcase. Got a little bottle of good 2T oil. Need a 2nd set of new plugs.

Starting to get out of the build mode and getting my head wrapped around the tuning mode.

I've started tearing my bike down - hopefully for the last time this season. I've pulled the current motor that I've used for mockup to make room for the newly rebuilt one (that I still have to complete).

One step closer.

ze7yjeqe.jpg

Carbs all rebuilt and ready to go. Put some clear line to see how the power jets work.

2ajutu9e.jpg

e8ady2ug.jpg

Back
Top Bottom