Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

Had to remove it and start over.

pa8e2y8y.jpg

6y6asymu.jpg

Alright, back on track now!

Want to come out and get mine going......I am just getting lazy, and frustrated, it's been a long build.....LOL

Sure, I'll get her going for you. Don't know much about 4 strokes though. Lol. I'll figure it out.

My build has been long - going on 8 years now. I've had my share of frustration.

As long as you have a bike to ride until your project is finished. I don't have that luxury ?

Sure, I'll get her going for you. Don't know much about 4 strokes though. Lol. I'll figure it out.

My build has been long - going on 8 years now. I've had my share of frustration.

As long as you have a bike to ride until your project is finished. I don't have that luxury 

LOL, so this would be like the blind leading the blind.....hahahaha

Fortunately I do have my GS to ride, had her out first time this season, it was a nice ride to work and back home....

I got my carbs on the FZ, the air box, choke, electrical.....I need to add coolant, oil, and the exhaust, I will then be ready to try and start her up....

maybe by the end of the weekend...

8 years....wow, you have patience......that is a long time for a build....hopefully you will get it done for this season.....

Cheers

You're in the home stretch - adding coolant and oil. All the hard stuffs done.

Yes I am patient. It's been a case of lack of time and money. Lol. I've had little of both over the years or I've had one, but not the other.

da7urady.jpg

No dents now! A few tiny holes. Gotta find some spot putty.

Working on the fender(s)
uhudype6.jpg

Thanks buddy. Can get a lot done when the kids go on a sleep over to grandma and grandpas house. Lol

Haha. Like looking in a mirror. Looks good

What did you say, you were going to do for a final coat ? Matte or Gloss, and did you already get some paint, I think you said it was going to be rattle can ? but with clear in it ? I have to see how yours turns out, for now I am just going to protect the tins with PlastiDip, until I figure it out......

I like your tank cap better, than what I have, you get the quick fill where I have to remove the entire cap to fill up.....I am going to look for a newer tank, if I can find one resonably priced.....and not dented all to hell...

What did you say, you were going to do for a final coat ? Matte or Gloss, and did you already get some paint, I think you said it was going to be rattle can ? but with clear in it ? I have to see how yours turns out, for now I am just going to protect the tins with PlastiDip, until I figure it out......

I like your tank cap better, than what I have, you get the quick fill where I have to remove the entire cap to fill up.....I am going to look for a newer tank, if I can find one resonably priced.....and not dented all to hell...

I am going to go with gloss black. I'm scared as my bodywork isn't in the greatest of shape. Gloss might not be the best choice - but I'm going for it.

I have the black lacquer. I also have some 2K (2 part) clear in a can. I'm not sure how the coverage will be.

Yeah, I do like my gas filler. My previous RD350 had the removable cap. Not sure what other tank you'd use. It might be a bigger to get something to work. Might be an idea getting a spare tank and modifying the filler - just a thought.

Wow ... I can't imagine spending that long on something.

One thing that I've found to keep things moving when a project is in the doldrums, is to do something on it every day, no matter how small. Do that, and eventually you get to a point where a rewarding step is within sight, and you get motivated and get it done, at least to that step.

And yes, I know I have a project bike that has been sitting in my shop without wheels and tires for the last three months that I haven't touched aside from putting some stickers on it. There has been a major step (yesterday) ... there is one more major step scheduled for Tuesday ... and that step hopefully involves being finished! Just in time for what looks like a week of crap weather so I can't test-ride it ...

I believe a tank from a 1987, 88 or 89 would have what I am looking for, just have to check fittament...

Gloss black,,,,you are a brave soul.....I do hope it works out, if not, you can sand it down and do it again....

once I have the funds and I know I am keeping the bike, my tins are going to CarbonCat to get done, he did me good on my last bike, so he will get the work again.....probably get it to him for next winter......

My project has taken so long due to a lot of reasons. Time and money being the usual suspects. Lol. My kids are getting a little older now and don't need so much supervision. Problem is I now have a cash flow problem. See, I can't win.

You are COMPLETELY right about doing a little every day. That was my attitude, but just never materialized that way. I'm doing that now. Being unemployed has given me the chance to catch up on all those little things that required tinkering and fabrication time. Now I'm back to needing $$ to complete the engine.

You gotta keep the FZ. I was seriously contemplating buying one. Saw one for sale for $1500. Love the looks of them.

Looks good!
Looking forward to seeing some paint go down. I think a late 80's black/white tz paint scheme would look super cool since you've got the tz fairing, and the mc16 tail has the perfect spot for a number board.

What are the engine plans? Is it a runner currently - stick it back in and enjoy the summer and save for a 421 over the winter? :D

Looks good!
Looking forward to seeing some paint go down. I think a late 80's black/white tz paint scheme would look super cool since you've got the tz fairing, and the mc16 tail has the perfect spot for a number board.

What are the engine plans? Is it a runner currently - stick it back in and enjoy the summer and save for a 421 over the winter? :D

Thanks brother. Been working hard on it.

I think I'm going with a number plate on the front and each side of the tail.

The engine is not a runner. Still need to get the jugs bored and get new pistons/rings to match. I also need the crank rebuilt. Was thinking about a medium port job too.

The spare engine might be the base for a 421. I think I'd like to get pipes before I go stroker on this girl. Lol.

Put on the last coat of filler.

ypyqetu6.jpg

Now, more sanding.

These pipes are available new, not cheap but look to be top quality. Pm me if you want more details

1980460_671895946179080_4584316333989383029_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom