Mechanic for pre-purchase inspection | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mechanic for pre-purchase inspection

victorbrca

Site Supporter
Looking for a mechanic to possibly inspect a bike for me tomorrow at Vaughn/Woodbridge area. Please reply back or PM me with rate and hour availability.

Thanks.

================================================
EDIT

Actually please disregard. The dealer is not ok with someone else looking at the bike... so we wants me to pay his mechanic to take it apart so "my mechanic" could take a look.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Be cautious of any seller (dealer or not) that wont allow you to have a third party inspection done.

Dude, what are you thinking...

GTFO

Actually please disregard. The dealer is not ok with someone else looking at the bike... so we wants me to pay his mechanic to take it apart so "my mechanic" could take a look.

Thanks for looking.

Confusing. *Looking* and *taking apart* are 2 different things. I wouldn't want a 3rd party taking anything apart. The whole story is not here.

If someone wanted to look at my bike and disassemble anything for an inspection before buying it I would tell them to pound sand no matter who was doing the work.

To clarify... I did not buy the bike.. the dealer seemed fishy from the start. And I did not want to take the bike apart. All I wanted was to remove the fairings to make sure everything was ok under the plastic. I understand not wanting to have a mechanic that you do not know touching the bike... but when you say things like "there's nothing to look on the bike unless you take the engine apart" or "you will need to pay my mechanic $180/hr for the inspection"... then something is really wrong.

To clarify... I did not buy the bike.. the dealer seemed fishy from the start. And I did not want to take the bike apart. All I wanted was to remove the fairings to make sure everything was ok under the plastic. I understand not wanting to have a mechanic that you do not know touching the bike... but when you say things like "there's nothing to look on the bike unless you take the engine apart" or "you will need to pay my mechanic $180/hr for the inspection"... then something is really wrong.

:lmao:

post what dealer this is for those who might not know...

Have you taken the fairings off a modern SS bike? If you don't know what your doing or where the bolts/velcro/rubber plug and grommets are you can easily break something or scratch them being careless. Take a flashlight and you can see most of what your looking for quite easily. Again I wouldn't let some random person come in and start removing fairings or have my mechanic do it so someone could poke around and decide they weren't buying it. He needs to pay the mechanic so why should it be free?

:lmao:

post what dealer this is for those who might not know...

It was 360Motorsports.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=180717

Have you taken the fairings off a modern SS bike? If you don't know what your doing or where the bolts/velcro/rubber plug and grommets are you can easily break something or scratch them being careless. Take a flashlight and you can see most of what your looking for quite easily. Again I wouldn't let some random person come in and start removing fairings or have my mechanic do it so someone could poke around and decide they weren't buying it. He needs to pay the mechanic so why should it be free?

Yes I have. And I'm glad I'll never have to buy a bike from you. Great mentality.

Sent from Tapatalk.

What is it that you hope to see with the fairings off that you can't see with the fairings on?

What is it that you hope to see with the fairings off that you can't see with the fairings on?

OK guys, not gonna be explaining this anymore... Last time. Plus I already bought a bike from another dealer.

I found two reviews from that dealer, both bad, and one which lead me to believe that they may buy bikes from States that are not in great shape and cover up with quick fixes. So yes, of course I want to inspect the bike throughly. You can read the first post here - http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=173808.

Also, the other place I bought the bike had not issues with me bringing a mechanic to inspect. Which I would expect.

These are used bikes. If you want to buy blinded eye, be my guest. I'm sure you know better than me.

Sent from Tapatalk.

I wouldn't feel bad. I wanted to buy a Toyota Corolla. I wanted to bring my mechanic to take the fenders off. They said "no". Then I found out that dealer had bad reviews. Well. duh!

OK guys, not gonna be explaining this anymore... Last time. Plus I already bought a bike from another dealer.

I found two reviews from that dealer, both bad, and one which lead me to believe that they may buy bikes from States that are not in great shape and cover up with quick fixes. So yes, of course I want to inspect the bike throughly. You can read the first post here - http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=173808.

Also, the other place I bought the bike had not issues with me bringing a mechanic to inspect. Which I would expect.

These are used bikes. If you want to buy blinded eye, be my guest. I'm sure you know better than me.

Sent from Tapatalk.

I asked the question because IMO you're being unreasonable. Taking off the fairings won't reveal anything that you couldn't already see just by peering in with a flashlight and taking the seats off. All you're doing is wasting everyone's time (IMO, of course).

So if i crash a bike, broke the fairing, and replace the fairing without fixing the **** under thats damage is kk? Sounds completely reasonable to me lol.

================================================
EDIT

Thanks for looking.

So if i crash a bike, broke the fairing, and replace the fairing without fixing the **** under thats damage is kk? Sounds completely reasonable to me lol.

The first post comes across as disingenuous or sloppy at best. I know it's fashionable to bash on dealers and play hapless victim. If one really needs the fairing off it's not fair to say the dealer is not ok with someone else looking at the bike.....

Sure because anyone could see the engine case covers that are rashed, bar ends, levers, foot pegs, mirrors, and frame.

If the bikes from the US will that not show up when you run the VIN or on the UVIP? The vin is pretty easy to see.

What could possibly be damaged and hidden by fairings that you are unable to see with the fairings still on? Stuff? Things?

Case covers, oil pan, exhaust, rad, subframe, engine cases, triple clamps, forks can all be examined with either removing the seats or just using a flashlight to look through the vents in the fairings.

This thread is stupid and it's because of buyers like these that I would rather just burn my bike and collect the insurance than actually deal with selling it to these window lickers. It's obvious that some people have no idea what to look for in the first place, so how would they know whether or not the fairings need to be removed for examination?

Last edited:
I don't fault the dealer for not letting someone take fairings off a bike for an 'inspection'

I honestly dont know much about sports bike with fairings but what im trying to say is that thre could be more under those fairings that you cant see (maybe).
As for buying, alli want to do is to make sure the bike is cold when i get there, run the bike, make some turns, rev the engine, and idle. Oh and make sure the alternator works.

Back
Top Bottom