Shooting at Brampton Court House | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shooting at Brampton Court House

Motorcycle Mike

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...eports-of-shots-fired-courthouse-locked-down/

I don't think all of the details are out yet, but it sounds like a guy entered the court house wearing a long trench coat, pulled out a gun, and shot a cop. He was then shot by the police.

Anyone know more details?

This court house always has about 6 cops manning the security check point in the front lobby -- I wonder if this guy attempted a very poorly executed plan to murder a judge, prosecutor, or someone on trial -- or if this was just suicide by police.

We don't need details. CNN did 24/7 2-3 weeks about some airplane that went missing without details. Speculation should be the order of the day.
Probably some guy was mad, felt ill treated.

They announced the cop's name. He's been taken to hospital with gunshot wounds. Shooter is dead. There are metal detectors and armed guards at the main entrance.

15 investigators and three forensic officers.... not a bias use of available personnel. cops wonder sometimes why people don't like them. Why can't 1 or even 2 investigators be enough. Smh

15 investigators and three forensic officers.... not a bias use of available personnel. cops wonder sometimes why people don't like them. Why can't 1 or even 2 investigators be enough. Smh

EVERY homicide, culpable or not, is assigned a huge investigative team on the outset. In this case, they're SIU investigators seeing as the shooter was shot dead.

I didn't know that. That's crazy. Any idea why so many? I mean it's pretty clear what happened. There's cameras and apparently a witness. Guy shot at cops. Cops extinguished his ass. Pretty cut and dry no? :dontknow:

I didn't know that. That's crazy. Any idea why so many? I mean it's pretty clear what happened. There's cameras and apparently a witness. Guy shot at cops. Cops extinguished his ***. Pretty cut and dry no? :dontknow:

If it's any consolation the team didn't have to use a lot of gas to get on-site.

As stated, SIU has to investigate fully whenever there's an officer involved shooting.

I didn't know that. That's crazy. Any idea why so many? I mean it's pretty clear what happened. There's cameras and apparently a witness. Guy shot at cops. Cops extinguished his ***. Pretty cut and dry no? :dontknow:

Because every aspect has to be covered, every video viewed, every witness interviewed, every officer designated either a subject or witness officer then dealt with accordingly, etc... and this is all best done as soon after the event as possible.

New rumour....shot officer was an un-armed auxiliary transferring prisoner to court on drug charges. Shooter was after the prisoner. Officer is critical in Sunnybrook. Shooter is dead.

Auxiliaries where a sky blue uniform shirt. The images I saw of the officer being loaded into the ambulance showed a dark blue shirt indicating that he was a sworn officer.

Full platoon of SIU investigators needed to guarantee accuracy of findings.

How may people in a platoon?

Depends on a number of factors according to wiki. I say go full or go home. Imagine if they'd missed a clue. I could just see the fur fly at the inquiry. You only sent half a platoon? Those guys were only standing around anyway.
You got to cover your ***.

Whenever a cop shoots someone, there is a thorough investigation as it should be. I don't mind the 15 SIU officers. I guess they will find out which clown at the Chief Firearms Officer's administration issued the Authorization To Transport that legally acquired handgun from the shooter's crib to the courthouse for the purpose of bustin' a cap in a suckaz *** :D

Edit: Another item for the SIU to investigate: How the perp could have opened a locked gun case, removed the trigger lock and loaded the firearm without anybody intervening before he already squeezed off a few rounds.. For the life of me I can't see how he could have transported the gun to the courthouse in any other way :cool:

Last edited:
Whenever a cop shoots someone, there is a thorough investigation as it should be. I don't mind the 15 SIU officers. I guess they will find out which clown at the Chief Firearms Officer's administration issued the Authorization To Transport that legally acquired handgun from the shooter's crib to the courthouse for the purpose of bustin' a cap in a suckaz *** :D

Edit: Another item for the SIU to investigate: How the perp could have opened a locked gun case, removed the trigger lock and loaded the firearm without anybody intervening before he already squeezed off a few rounds.. For the life of me I can't see how he could have transported the gun to the courthouse in any other way :cool:

Very well said

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Here is what my grand-ma had to say as she was there

"To-day was quite an experience ! Our Rotary Club sponsors the Mock Trials each year at the Brampton Courthouse and to-day were the finals. Preliminary trials were at the end of February with the finals being to-day. Those High School students are so knowledgeable, you would think they were full time defence and crown lawyers ! However, as you all heard on the news, there was a shooting at the courthouse around 11 AM. We were locked down in the court room until 1:45 PM. After giving our I.D., we were allowed to exit the building to a packed parking lot. After sitting for an hour and 20 minutes, finally could start my car as our aisle was starting to move. Forty-five minutes later, finally exited the parking lot after showing I.D. one more time. Home just after 4 PM.
Hopefully, the final trial can be rescheduled and the students can have the chance to see which school wins."

Back
Top Bottom