csc insurance certificate | GTAMotorcycle.com

csc insurance certificate

SumoJunkie

Hi everyone

I'm a new member to this forum and was hopeing someone could help me out with a question i have regarding the CSC insurance certificate you receive after completing an m1 to m2 rider training course. Iv done alot of research on this and have managed to come up with nothing, but im wondering how long this certificate is valid for. The thing is i don't know if i will be able to purchase a bike within the next year hence me not having an insurance policy to submit it to. I wanted to do the course so i could get my license over and done with and start building up experience for when i do insure a bike. Do you guys think I should do the course anyway or would it be better to just wait until im ready to purchase a bike?

Sorry for the long post guys, thanks for the help.

If your insurance company requires you to have proof of taking the CSC Gearing Up program it would not matter if you did it a year ago they just want proof you took it and passed. I think they usually ask that you have taken it in the past 5 years but don't quote me on that.

Although if you take the course now and then don't actually get a bike and ride you will lose a lot of the skills you learned. If you don't practice what you learn you will forget it.

Last edited:
Practice is the key when learning any skill; the more you practice, the better you get. One will always maintain the good behaviours immediately after taking a course vs. a year after when bad behaviours/habits set in.

Years licensed has become only a small factor with most insurance companies (State Farm doesn't care about your M at all, just your G). And unfortunately, the CSC certificate has become nearly worthless for insurance purposes.

So taking that into account, it would probably be better to wait until you're closer to buying a bike to take the course.

Ill be insuring with state farm and the insurance will not change wether I have taken a course or not. Nor from m1-m2.

Riders plus said the same because of my postal code (L0G)

That being said IMO taking the course now to get your m2 is worth it and if need be you can take a refresher course when you purchase the bike. Iirc the refreshers are around 200. Yes its an extra cost but riding isnt cheap to begin with so whats the difference.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom