Motul Ready-to-use Coolant | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motul Ready-to-use Coolant

ABCarr

Site Supporter
Has anyone tried it before? They offer a couple of choices with different formulations......Expert and Factory Line. The Factory Line is Nitrite/Amine/Phosphate/Borate/Silicate free in an organic technology....it's the one I'm leaning towards.

If you use an OAT coolant, and what's in there now is conventional or unknown, flush the existing coolant out well with water before filling the OAT coolant, and if the system needs a top-up later, use only OAT coolant. Some (possibly all) OAT coolants don't play nice with conventional coolant. I know the VW G11/G12 coolants sure don't. (The VW coolants are OAT, and if you take the car to a corner garage in which the "mechanic" fails to heed the big warning label on the coolant bottle and does you the "favor" of topping up the system with the green stuff, the mixture turns into brown sludge in the cooling system.)

Thanks Brian. I've got the conventional factory fill in my 2011 GSX-R750, and it's about due for a change. I plan to thoroughly eliminate the conventional with several flush cycles.

Thanks Brian. I've got the conventional factory fill in my 2011 GSX-R750, and it's about due for a change. I plan to thoroughly eliminate the conventional with several flush cycles.

I just used a bottle of premix Honda Type 2 coolant in my VFR. Blue too, looks better in your overflow bottle lol.

I just used a bottle of premix Honda Type 2 coolant in my VFR. Blue too, looks better in your overflow bottle lol.

I will admit; when I flushed and filled my system and was choosing between different premix, extended life, mixable, aluminum and other metals safe options, I chose the orange one as my recovery bottle is visible on the bike.

(is it just me or are there APPARENTLY too many variables for coolant?)

I will admit; when I flushed and filled my system and was choosing between different premix, extended life, mixable, aluminum and other metals safe options, I chose the orange one as my recovery bottle is visible on the bike.

(is it just me or are there APPARENTLY too many variables for coolant?)

There is but all you need really is for it to be safe on aluminum. Pre mix costs a tad more but saves some hassle which is why I went that route.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom