Attn Hamilton area riders - Snake Road access to Waterdown be closed all summer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Attn Hamilton area riders - Snake Road access to Waterdown be closed all summer

Bridge building is a very time consuming undertaking. Especially one that massive. This is what I have noticed. On the plus side the locals will finally get some peace and quiet. Well, except between 7am and 7pm. The bridge I live near was worked on at night for traffic reasons. But that only lasted 2 years.

May be a good thing since there will be almost no traffic on Snake because of this. Since the bridge is at the top of the road we can ride up turn around and repeat!

King road is a nice road in the area too, too bad it's close till the 17th of April for salamander migration.

That said, it's kind of pathetic that these are the roads we lust over. A couple little curves over a kilometre or something. Anywhere in the US even the interstates are that twisty.

Just adds to the season riddled with potholes and road repairs everywhere .... well 2015 spring should be awesome though .... LOL

May be a good thing since there will be almost no traffic on Snake because of this. Since the bridge is at the top of the road we can ride up turn around and repeat!

yeah only dump trucks taking up two lanes ;)

Who cares. Snake Road is crappy anyway. Too short with trees or guard rails lining the edge of all 3 half decent curves.

Bridge building is a very time consuming undertaking. Especially one that massive.
That rail bridge is like 20 ft long. Hardly massive.

King road is a nice road in the area too, too bad it's close till the 17th of April for salamander migration.

That said, it's kind of pathetic that these are the roads we lust over. A couple little curves over a kilometre or something. Anywhere in the US even the interstates are that twisty.
Unless they paved it King road is a mess. Almost got hit head on their a few years back and stopped riding it after that.

Who cares. Snake Road is crappy anyway. Too short with trees or guard rails lining the edge of all 3 half decent curves.
There are far worse roads around.

Head to Pennsylvania for a weekend this summer. There are enough twisties, elevation changes and scenery there to make Snake rd. look like a highway on ramp.

That rail bridge is like 20 ft long. Hardly massive.

That's the point. It shouldn't take over three months. It's only a bridge. Most of it is built with big equipment. You could put up all the steel and concrete in a highrise in less time.

This is Hamilton. It always takes 3 to 4 times longer then it should take for any repair.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

There are companies that prebuild bridges and assemble them onsite. Takes a day of traffic down time. They've been used in Ottawa and they even have data that the extra build cost is less than the costs of decreased productivity due to traffic problems. There is no excuse for months of traffic due to bridge replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a another Make work program. Local Government, Contractors, etc. They don`t care about anybody as long as they are making money.
Who are we?

Unless they paved it King road is a mess. Almost got hit head on their a few years back and stopped riding it after that.

It's definitely paved, I didn't know it was ever (in recent history) not paved. My dad and I stumbled on it last year by accident, and it was one of the better in-the-city riding roads.

This is Hamilton. It always takes 3 to 4 times longer then it should take for any repair.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Actually, I think that's Burlington, Halton Region. I believe that the intersection of Main and Thompson (Thompson turns into Snake south of Main) is the border.

Canadian Pacific own the bridge, not either municipality. They will be consulted on the project, but they likely have little involvement in the actual contracting or construction

You are correct Neil, it is owned by CP and they are doing the work.

The people it really has to suck for are the people who live right on the other side of the bridge who would normally able to go into Waterdown to do their shopping etc.

Now they will have to go down to Hamilton or Burlington, probably an extra 20-30 min away.

Back
Top Bottom