SS Insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS Insurance

This is why you buy a small bike and ride it for a couple of years than upgrade. They take it into consideration specifically state farm who are best known for giving cheapest quotes to SS bikes owned inexperienced owners. TD is good for new riders on small bikes, call back with a 125 or 250 and it will be 1-2 grand a year.

Should also go without mention that the online quotes are inaccurate and should not be used.

Last edited:
[ QUOTE=jeffjones;2145016]+1
Car with SF = $165/month
Car with The Personal = 87/month
Same coverage
Also if the OP is 20 he won't qualify for SF as you need your G license for 5 years
Ok that make sense. But best to call your self op[/QUOTE]

Is it full G? I thought it was 5 years since G2 but I guess he'd still be a year off.

This is why you buy a small bike and ride it for a couple of years than upgrade. They take it into consideration specifically state farm who are best known for giving cheapest quotes to SS bikes owned inexperienced owners. TD is good for new riders on small bikes, call back with a 125 or 250 and it will be 1-2 grand a year.

Should also go without mention that the online quotes are inaccurate and should not be used.

Best to do some research before buying a bike*
I was into sports bikes when I first started, got my self a 400cc inline 4, insurance wasn't bad. I can never imagine riding a 125, feels like a bicycle.

This is one of the only reasons I love being over 30. Those numbers are nuts

The **** thing is, I'm looking forward to being over 30, but by the time I get there (6 years), rates will have followed me up. Maybe some day people will get tired of the extortion and we'll actually have a restructuring like they did out east.

Sorry to hear about how you're getting pinched on your sport bike. For the past 7 years I've been riding my Bandit 1200 because it was cheap to insure. You should consider going the sport touring route. My 2005 FJR1300 is just $100 more than my Bandit for liability with John Duffy. I was surprised about this since the FJR was on their black list previously.

Last year in Vancouver my zx10r cost $1100/year, this year in Ontario same bike, same coverage, same driving record cheapest I got was $2600...The insurance in Ontario is out of control. I am 27, both G & M, squeaky clean record.

When I moved back to this dump I was quoted literally 5 times the price I was quoted in Calgary for a busa. Same company even. Onterrible is a joke

I paid $1400 a year at 25 for my zx10 with State Farm but they have my cars/house/life insurance too. As soon as I turned 25 the rates got cut in 1/2. Full GM license and no tickets.

Call to a few SF agents and see what happens.

I paid $1400 a year at 25 for my zx10 with State Farm but they have my cars/house/life insurance too. As soon as I turned 25 the rates got cut in 1/2. Full GM license and no tickets.

Hmmm, I am going to have to call them and see what the rate would be with my truck as well. Even if my truck is a little more than what I pay now, if my bike rate goes down substantially it will be worth it.

To all those berating the OP for not checking rates out before buying the bike: In fairness, it's not exactly reasonable that we have to do that in Ontario. Anywhere else, insurance is a relatively minor expense, here, it's completely backwards. It's not actually the OP's fault, it's the province for not fixing a completely ****ed up system.

Perhaps, BUT if you don't check with insurance first, (especially anyone who has insurance or has lived here for some time), then it is their issue if they can't afford to insure what they bought. When buying a vehicle, (car or bike), there are things an INFORMED consumer always checks.

1. cost to finance the purchase, (if being financed);
2. cost of warranty, (if buying an extended warranty etc);
3. average annual maintenance cost for the vehicle;
4. insurance.

If a person doesn't know these costs approx how are they to know if they can AFFORD the vehicle??

Blaming the "system" and the "government" is just another way of saying I have no responsibility to myself and my wallet. That isn't to argue the system isn't broken, it merely states people are too quick to not take responsibility for their actions. After all, the insurance system has been broken for quite sometime here in Ontario.

To all those berating the OP for not checking rates out before buying the bike: In fairness, it's not exactly reasonable that we have to do that in Ontario. Anywhere else, insurance is a relatively minor expense, here, it's completely backwards. It's not actually the OP's fault, it's the province for not fixing a completely ****ed up system.

Even though you have that other stuff with them seems cheap! I paid $1350 for the year on my 03 R1 lat year...im 33 and 2 tickets. I hated even paying that!

Come on, give the guy a break. He's only 20 and didn't know better. Everyone makes mistakes... Hopefully he learned his lesson.

I'm more concerned about him riding a bike like that.

Even though you have that other stuff with them seems cheap! I paid. $1350 for the year on my 03 R1 lat year...im 33 and 2 tickets. I hated even paying that!

I'm paying too much. The insurance on my 250 went up this year. I'm 32 with two accidents (car), and I pay $75 on my 250 and $135 on my ZX-6

Sent from Tapatalk.

Get a first generation CBR125R, swap the plate with the 600RR and hope no cop notices.. just kidding ;)
As all have said, nothing you can really do except call Quebec insurance companies for cheaper quotes.

Come on, give the guy a break. He's only 20 and didn't know better. Everyone makes mistakes... Hopefully he learned his lesson.
I'm more concerned about him riding a bike like that.
I'm paying too much. The insurance on my 250 went up this year. I'm 32 with two accidents (car), and I pay $75 on my 250 and $135 on my ZX-6
Sent from Tapatalk.

Is that for 7 or 12 months?

Hmmm, I am going to have to call them and see what the rate would be with my truck as well. Even if my truck is a little more than what I pay now, if my bike rate goes down substantially it will be worth it.

If you bring SF your truck, your bike premium will go down 40%, (Although your truck might be 40% higher with them lol)

So your saying you are only paying $700 year at State Farm for a zx10?

It may seem like a lot of money, but would any of you be willing to accept a mere $5000 to be on the hook for anything that a brand-new rider might do on a SS bike (including their medical bills, damages they cause, etc.)? I definitely wouldn't. It doesn't take a heck of a lot for a motorcycle injury claim to exceed $500K.

OP, you will probably have to sell the bike and chalk it up as a life lesson to research before buying something. Hopefully you got a good deal and won't lose too much on it. There are lots of excellent beginner bikes out there that are much more reasonable to insure. Ride one of these for a few years as you build your experience on two wheels.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom