SS Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS Insurance

matty_600

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone knew any other companies other than TD and StateFarm that insure SuperSport Bikes?
I bought a 2009 Honda CBR600RR last year and gave Duffy a call. They quoted me $5,100 for liability only last season on my M1 but when I called last week they told me they don't insure SS bike? Any one know the reason behind this?

TD Gave me a quote of $7400 full coverage but that is too high!

- 20 year old male
- GM2 licence
- Clean record
- Took the MSC and obtained my certificate

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone knew any other companies other than TD and StateFarm that insure SuperSport Bikes?
I bought a 2009 Honda CBR600RR last year and gave Duffy a call. They quoted me $5,100 for liability only last season on my M1 but when I called last week they told me they don't insure SS bike? Any one know the reason behind this?

TD Gave me a quote of $7400 full coverage but that is too high!

- 20 year old male
- GM2 licence
- Clean record
- Took the MSC and obtained my certificate

You're pretty much out of luck. This is why you should do your research before buying a bike. I can guarantee you won't be able to insure the bike for anything under 5-6K in Ontario.. at least for the next 5-6 years.. and even when you're 25.. now that Statefarm was bought out you might not be able to get lower than 3-4K a year until you're 30.

Good luck with the bike sale.

I think I just pooped a little. Good god that's an insane amount of money. Time for a non ss like the fz6r maybe? That or move.... either way as said good luck for the next ten years. Onterrible is so crooked for insurance premiums it's disgusting.

dayumm I can't imagine staring at the bike just sitting in the garage all last year :/

Sell the CBR and get some quotes on some non SS bikes before buying anything. A SS at 20 is probably not going to happen unless you've got lots of money to burn.

I started riding at 20 years old on a r6. It was $3200 for liability and comprehensive. It's been steadily dropping every year and this year ill be turning 25, statefarm told me it will be dropping to $1250 liability and comprehensive.

My agent also said that my policy will be decreasing by 15% from now until I turn 25.

Last edited:
Holy Crap that's a lot of money. I'm glad I didn't start getting into bikes until my 30's

Did you call for the quote or is that an online one?

this is why you get the ****ing quote before you buy the bike...

Noobs do it time and time again, when will they ever learn??

OP, if you don't want sell the bike spend the money and do a track school and trackdays instead. It will keep you plenty busy. That parking lot riding school doesn't really mean ****...other than that you can brake, turn, do some figure 8s...whoop dee ****ing doo.

i got insurance on my zx6r back when i was 23 for around $140/month (my car with them also)... dont listen to these old haters... it can be done just shop around.... i called 3 different SF agents and got 3 different quotes.

But if statefarm is too expensive then youre sol.

i got insurance on my zx6r back when i was 23 for around $140/month (my car with them also)... dont listen to these old haters... it can be done just shop around.... i called 3 different SF agents and got 3 different quotes.

But if statefarm is too expensive then youre sol.

I believe it's a 40 percent reduction in your bike insurance if you have your car with them though, just so that the OP knows. Funny how I found their car insurance rates to be about 40 percent higher than others.

I believe it's a 40 percent reduction in your bike insurance if you have your car with them though, just so that the OP knows. Funny how I found their car insurance rates to be about 40 percent higher than others.

+1

Car with SF = $165/month
Car with The Personal = 87/month

Same coverage

Also if the OP is 20 he won't qualify for SF as you need your G license for 5 years

[ QUOTE=jeffjones;2145016]+1

Car with SF = $165/month
Car with The Personal = 87/month

Same coverage

Also if the OP is 20 he won't qualify for SF as you need your G license for 5 years[/QUOTE]

Ok that make sense. But best to call your self op

Back
Top Bottom