SS Insurance | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS Insurance

It doesn't take a heck of a lot for a motorcycle injury claim to exceed $500k no matter what you ride. I understand ss bikes are typically faster etc. I've owned several but to isolate them is unfair. How many badass harley guys rip around with next to no gear and that excuse of a itty bitty "helmet" but they're ok, they're a cruiser. bikes in general can be dangerous and to single out one specific type and use that as an excuse for ridiculous insurance rates in this stupid province is unacceptable. /rant

It doesn't take a heck of a lot for a motorcycle injury claim to exceed $500k no matter what you ride. I understand ss bikes are typically faster etc. I've owned several but to isolate them is unfair. How many badass harley guys rip around with next to no gear and that excuse of a itty bitty "helmet" but they're ok, they're a cruiser. bikes in general can be dangerous and to single out one specific type and use that as an excuse for ridiculous insurance rates in this stupid province is unacceptable. /rant

True on the Harley rider, (but then they spend most of their time wrenching the bikes rather than riding)..LOL But seriously it is likely a fact that most SS bikes are owned by younger riders, (who typically get them due to speed and rush it gives them to go fast). Also most cruiser guys aren't scraping their floor boards..lol It is like car insurance is more for exotic fast cars, owned by a guy who is 25, then it is for 4 door sedans owned by 50 year olds. The insurance companies look at histories, and data on crashes for a reason. Just as it is more likely a bike is going to be stolen out of a underground Toronto lot then it is off a farm with a 2 km driveway..

So one has to do their research. There have been cars or trucks I would have liked to buy over the years, but I call insurance first, just as I did when I bought my current bike, (insurance at that time went form $600/ year to 3200/ year due to bigger size newer bike etc. I ate that cost for one year, this year switched companies, plus gained a ticket and now paying less than 50% of last year.

Things get better by getting a full M in 18 months. Meanwhile, shop around different types of bike that still appeal to you but, aren't as hard on the insurance rates.

As for Insurance Rates, the government regulates the industry folks. Including the premiums they can charge in relation to the claims/reserves they have to pay out.

Do you know how many new riders wipe out and break an ankle or have a neck or back injury at 10 km/h or less? A lot!!!!! It's the same in other provinces too. What's the difference? The cost of accident benefits. Check your premium and see the break down. AB premiums are out of this world in Ontario compared to other places. So a minor tip over in a parking lot that results in an ankle fracture ends up in tens of thousands in a claim. In Winnipeg? You get a band aid and a slap on the back and told to have a good day. Maybe not that extreme but, you should see the complaints of MB residents about crappy benefits or outright claim denials. In a word, you kinda get what you pay for.

Someone trying to talk sense in the insurance sub-forum? I wont stand for it! Insurance is evil and has a personal vendetta against me!

I understand it's a huge cost to pay for medical, and what not if some really bites it hard. I've never had full coverage, and my first bike an RZ350, cost me 3300 the frist year. IT WAS A 350! granted a two stroke, but i guess that was the M1 on talking, and first time insured on any vehicle. But if i'm just applying for liability, a drop of about 200 bucks does not seem that fair. Then I see these idiots on the highway weaving in and out of traffice going buck 50 or 2, and is ay to myself, "That right there is why i'm looking at almost 3 grand for insurance."

I guess maybe I won't be able to join the world of SS Bikes for another 4 years. Counting down the minutes until 8 where i can get a quote, thats not online. Hoping (and i don't know why) that the quote will be atleast the same or a few hundred more then the online quote. Although I have not bought the bike yet, I guess I have that going for me.

I understand it's a huge cost to pay for medical, and what not if some really bites it hard. I've never had full coverage, and my first bike an RZ350, cost me 3300 the frist year. IT WAS A 350! granted a two stroke, but i guess that was the M1 on talking, and first time insured on any vehicle. But if i'm just applying for liability, a drop of about 200 bucks does not seem that fair. Then I see these idiots on the highway weaving in and out of traffice going buck 50 or 2, and is ay to myself, "That right there is why i'm looking at almost 3 grand for insuranc3

That's nuts I'm paying 2100 for a ninja 400 also first year riding or ever insured on an m2 In Woodbridge area code. Are you with td or something?

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

That's nuts I'm paying 2100 for a ninja 400 also first year riding or ever insured on an m2 In Woodbridge area code. Are you with td or something?

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

Well that was my first year, on an M1, with jevco(when it was still jevco) and i was 20 at the time. The only reason i went with jeco is becuase they were the only company willing to insure me as a first time rider. No other company would even look at me. Granted the next year it dropped to 1100.

I just got my quote from TD for a 2004 R6 (which i hope to be buying pending my inspection tomorrow) for 2,147. It was even cheaper then the online quote lol. Dam this made my day. Been out of the saddle for 3 years, finally time to get back on and ride!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and i live in east york m4j postal code. Toronto is retarded for insurance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom