Getting rid of old freezers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting rid of old freezers

nobbie48

Site Supporter
We have an old freezer that is starting to lose it's cool. Are there still regulations about disposal of the ones with the R-12 charged systems.

Getting the monster out of the basement is also part of the problem.

You can look on Kijiji for scrap metal removals. They usually pick it up for no charge as well

You can look on Kijiji for scrap metal removals. They usually pick it up for no charge as well

Old refigurators -> Chlorofluorocarbons (Ozone Depleting Substance) -> 100% contribution to Ozone Hole ->...-> way to turn Earth to Moon.

The Province is not just picking up old fridges for free to do favours. They are hazardous and it's a pretty serious environmental issue.

I would hope they dispose of them properly. Now stand back as I dump this used motor oil down this here catch basin

Theres also the option of just leaving it on the front yard. It'll be gone in a few hours.

In my area people leave couches, sofas, furniture, and fridges and they're gone instantly. I left a cast iron tub 200lbs or more and it was gone in 30min.

Note that for the Ontario program it says they must be in working condition so it had better be cold inside when the come to haul it out otherwise they may not take it.. Habitat as mentioned will take them non-working but will not pick them up as they would for a working freezer. Always best to call first to be doubly sure

They never check and don't care tell them you unplugged it the day before if they ask.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

People remember everything around here. That was at the Dragon camp site? Am I rite? Because if I am I need to spend less time here.

Back
Top Bottom