Tail of the Dragon helmet cam. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tail of the Dragon helmet cam.

Video from a friend's BMW GT800... bike and rider very similar to me pass him around 4:30.

[video=youtube;ZbY21w1Jncw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbY21w1Jncw[/video]

or this one from a Tuono...

[video=youtube;VMVtSzBjjEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMVtSzBjjEA&feature=player_detailpage#t=769[/video]

rider unknown ;)

more interesting section by far, around 14:00+

But can he keep up with the goldwing guy??

Yellow Wolf is the "goldwing guy".
It's a heavily modified Goldwing with severely upgraded suspension, brakes, raised floor boards etc.

[video=youtube;0nrMQ3QwyPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo[/video]

The hardbags on that bike were destroyed... I have a friend who lives in the area and saw it. Also friendly with Daryll, who also saw it... that was some expensive video to shoot, lol

I wonder how it would be to drive there. Riding was truly terrifying, specially to a noob *** rider as me. I still cant believe it took me ~ 23 min just to travel 11 miles.

In a car? 14 minutes overlook to store, with wet leaves on the ground, in a rental Ford Focus. (No lane crossings, either)

:D

Nothing moves faster through the Gap, than a rental car. Except maybe a local on a race-prepped bike ...

He has a traxxion kit for suspension. Brakes are stock, pegs and floor boards are stock(he makes his own sliders, but stock location). Most of his mods are just extra lights and crap.
His ego is nos powered.

These videos are pretty cool, All I can imagine is some ******* trying to Tokyo drift it around some of these S bends and collide into a rider. I hope this never happens

^ There are plenty of cases of poor driving and riding at Deals Gap. This is a case where the large number of photographers on that road probably helps - some idiots get called out on the internet, others get a talking-to in person. We had a situation one year where one of our riders, while going around a left bend, had a Harley go past in the other direction on his right. Think about that for a minute. The Harley rider had blown the corner and gone across the oncoming lane.

We prefer to go to other roads in the area, and only ride Deals Gap itself at low-traffic times. Definitely not in the daytime on weekends in the summer ...

^ There are plenty of cases of poor driving and riding at Deals Gap. This is a case where the large number of photographers on that road probably helps - some idiots get called out on the internet, others get a talking-to in person. We had a situation one year where one of our riders, while going around a left bend, had a Harley go past in the other direction on his right. Think about that for a minute. The Harley rider had blown the corner and gone across the oncoming lane.

Somewhere in that video I posted, "the rider" dodges a Harley.

I do believe its 30 mph (48 kmh) for the most part, with several areas down to 15 mph (25 kmh).
Cruisers on average stick around that pace (there are always exceptions).

Sportbikes go anywhere from posted limit (if a noob), up to double the limit or more. Here's a video of a fellow on a Panigale averaging 55 mph with stints to 85 mph on the straighter sections. Catching up to his buddies after being separated by a car. (skip to 9:25).

[video=youtube;d94PKI-kOGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d94PKI-kOGk#t=569[/video]

Beyond my comfort level.

Okay this guy in this video is doing the exact opposite of everything i learn in the twist of the wrist.. You can see him turning the handle bars into each turn instead of counter steering..

Can some one explain to me what he is doing? Thanks

Okay this guy in this video is doing the exact opposite of everything i learn in the twist of the wrist.. You can see him turning the handle bars into each turn instead of counter steering..

Can some one explain to me what he is doing? Thanks

Hmm.. good point.. what is he doing?

Back
Top Bottom