Tail of the Dragon helmet cam. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tail of the Dragon helmet cam.

Been there when my father and I went down to florida, we were in a car and it was around 1am and he was driving so I didn't get to enjoy it much despite my father driving spiritedly or as he called it "inability to calculate km to mph conversion" lol

I wonder how it would be to drive there. Riding was truly terrifying, specially to a noob *** rider as me. I still cant believe it took me ~ 23 min just to travel 11 miles.

I wonder how it would be to drive there. Riding was truly terrifying, specially to a noob *** rider as me. I still cant believe it took me ~ 23 min just to travel 11 miles.

You knew your limits and rode accordingly. Good job, really! (not even a hint of sarcasm).

You knew your limits and rode accordingly. Good job, really! (not even a hint of sarcasm).

Yea no point in pushing beyond my comfort zone. Even without pushing, there were a few close calls.

I am curious as to what the speed limit is and/or how fast everyone really goes?

Everyone has their own limit and comfort level. I say around 60km. I don't ever recall actually looking down to check.

I'm planning to be there end of April weather pending.

I am curious as to what the speed limit is and/or how fast everyone really goes?

I do believe its 30 mph (48 kmh) for the most part, with several areas down to 15 mph (25 kmh).
Cruisers on average stick around that pace (there are always exceptions).

Sportbikes go anywhere from posted limit (if a noob), up to double the limit or more. Here's a video of a fellow on a Panigale averaging 55 mph with stints to 85 mph on the straighter sections. Catching up to his buddies after being separated by a car. (skip to 9:25).

[video=youtube;d94PKI-kOGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d94PKI-kOGk#t=569[/video]

Beyond my comfort level.

Last edited:
I do believe its 30 mph (48 kmh) for the most part, with several areas down to 15 mph (25 kmh).

Sportbikes go anywhere from posted limit (if a noob), up to double the limit or more. Here's a video of a fellow on a Panigale averaging 55 mph with stints to 85 mph on the straighter sections. Catching up to his buddies after being separated by a car. (skip to 9:25).

[video=youtube;d94PKI-kOGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d94PKI-kOGk#t=569[/video]

Beyond my comfort level.

8:45 passing on the inside around a corner with an oncoming bike = douchbag....
I hate being stuck behind those Harley's and cars too but that's jut a stupid unessessary risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were people who were dragging their knees but averaging corners ~40kph. Me on the other hand was puttering along at 20 around every bend. If you didn't notice, the video has been sped up for your viewing pleasure.

Honestly, speed isn't the matter here, unless you are willing to accept the possibility of flying back home.

Beyond my comfort level.

**** that rear tire slip at 9.20!

Last edited:
Dragon is fun. Try and follow a local on the dragon as those guys kill it.

At 11:05 the guy almost loses it, and would of had a part of his bike on the tree of shame.

8:45 passing on the inside around a corner with an oncoming bike = ********....
I hate being stuck behind those Harley's and cars too but that's jut a stupid unessessary risk.

Never said he wasn't riding like an @sshat...
Got passed by a local on a GSXR a couple years ago. Was tootling along at a track day warm up pace and this guy blew past me like I was riding a hardly....

I do find it amusing catching up to cruisers and them suddenly accelerating to the point where they're dragging floorboards or other hard parts trying to show how fast they are...

Last edited:
Dragon is fun. Try and follow a local on the dragon as those guys kill it.

At 11:05 the guy almost loses it, and would of had a part of his bike on the tree of shame.

No kidding. I was going at a good pace and these two rocket by my like I was standing still. Met up with them at deals gap. North Carolina plates. Cool story?

No kidding. I was going at a good pace and these two rocket by my like I was standing still. Met up with them at deals gap. North Carolina plates. Cool story?

Lol. I remember i was going a good clip, and got passed by 3 locals. The last guy was 2 up and pulling from me.

I looked in the mirror once and saw this behind me.
Gap_Jared_Barnes_zpsa9a6d796.jpg~original

I got the **** out his way right quick. He damn near dragged elbow through the next bend. Mind blowing.

^^^^

[video=youtube;8rGbln3J4Sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rGbln3J4Sg[/video]

Deals Gap is the "Timmies" of the south. :)

Back
Top Bottom