Insurance for kids bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for kids bikes?

EX500R2001

Anybody knows who insures small off road bikes for a reasonable price? I need to get green plates for Yamaha TTR90 and Duffy quoted me over $400 per year, which is totally insane! And that's considering that I have condo, car and 2 motorcycles polices with them! Thanks!

Try state farm. By cc

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

+1
I'll be going with state farm as a brand new rider. They have given me a price less then half of everyone else when combined with my car insurance.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

+1
I'll be going with state farm as a brand new rider. They have given me a price less then half of everyone else when combined with my car insurance.

Sorry if I it was not clear enough. I'm not a new rider. I have M full and 20+ year experience. The bike is for my 8 years old son. It's a small, not road legal bike. I just want to get it plated so he can ride it on other than private properties. Apparently, MTO requires an insurance to do that. I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the insurance costs around $100 for these bikes. I'm looking for someone who actually insured a similar bike and could suggest a broker. I'm obviously not gonna pay $400 for this!

Sorry if I it was not clear enough. I'm not a new rider. I have M full and 20+ year experience. The bike is for my 8 years old son. It's a small, not road legal bike. I just want to get it plated so he can ride it on other than private properties. Apparently, MTO requires an insurance to do that. I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the insurance costs around $100 for these bikes. I'm looking for someone who actually insured a similar bike and could suggest a broker. I'm obviously not gonna pay $400 for this!

Oh I didnt assume you were. Im just getting at allstate gave me an amazing price as a brand new rider. So if they insure the small off road bikes I assume they will have great pricing on them to.

It may not work across the board but it's worth a shot.

As well when I was a kid I had multiple bikes. The only one ever plated and insured was my 4wheeler. I'm sure times have changed in the last 20 years though.

I'll be speaking to my agent tomorrow and can ask if they insure small off road bikes and get back to you.

Last edited:
Oh I didnt assume you were. Im just getting at allstate gave me an amazing price as a brand new rider. So if they insure the small off road bikes I assume they will have great pricing on them to.

It may not work across the board but it's worth a shot.

As well when I was a kid I had multiple bikes. The only one ever plated and insured was my 4wheeler. I'm sure times have changed in the last 20 years though.

I'll be speaking to my agent tomorrow and can ask if they insure small off road bikes and get back to you.

Thanks! Let me know, please. Also, don't forget to mention to your agent that it's 89 cc bike. I just found out today that Intact does not insure any bikes less than 100 cc :(.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

From the ODSC.

Name: Kirk Norris
Business Name: Kirk Norris State Farm Insurance
Business Contact: kirk@kirknorris.com
Phone: 705-740-0158, 877-799-3276
Business Website: http://www.kirknorris.com
Business Description: Insurance Agent

I called this guy last year about my kids, and he quoted me 140$ each.

Back
Top Bottom