Guelph area? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guelph area?

Guelph here.

Forks is okay to visit if you haven't been before. The twists are nice but at 50 kmh and lots of cops it isn't an area to be testing ones skills. I went up there a few times last year, it was a destination more than anything, never stopped for coffee.

Also check out the We Ride App thread, a lot of us are on there. I've also created a private We Ride Guelph Group there so feel free to join if you're a local.

My favourite part of the Forks is taking the Grange Sideroad from Highway 10 to Winston Churchill Blvd, no chance of meeting up with a HD on that road!

My favourite part of the Forks is taking the Grange Sideroad from Highway 10 to Winston Churchill Blvd, no chance of meeting up with a HD on that road!

Isn't that still a dirt road? Not how others do it but my SS isn't dirt road friendly. If I am off somewhere new and the road turns to gravel I just turn around.

I like letting loose on the Grange after riding for an hour in parade gear behind a group of Harleys through the Forks.

That's why I avoid the forks unless it's middle of the morning during the week. If I wanted to go at parade speed I'd ride one of my bicycles down it (even then I'm faster than the harleys out sightseeing) :D

Guess I have been lucky as I have missed the parades. Though the parade participants know how to drink their coffee at that one shop. Never pulled into that parking lot.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you, 'parade gear' is another term for first gear on some of the big Harleys.
Some of them are geared so low that they're not doing much more than walking speed when they redline in first gear.

Guess I have been lucky as I have missed the parades. Though the parade participants know how to drink their coffee at that one shop. Never pulled into that parking lot.

That's funny. I like to take my coffee across the street to the parkette. From there I can see all the lookie loos drive by 3 0r 4 times.

That's funny. I like to take my coffee across the street to the parkette. From there I can see all the lookie loos drive by 3 0r 4 times.

I like to sit either there or somewhere with a view of the church or school when they're doing the noise tests and writing tickets to stupid people :D

Got my parts in earlier then expected and put her all together again. Went for a little ride. It was amazing to get out again. Small little teaser until the real warm weather gets here. Can't wait!

I'm a week or so away from being ready, if you guys get together I might tag along if I'm open

Lots of bikes out today, saw a Triumph Tiger and a Black Bonnie on Macdonell, was that you?

Back
Top Bottom