Who has the right of way in this scenario? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who has the right of way in this scenario?

The vehicle making the left turn must wait until it is safe for the driver to make the turn. Oncoming traffic, even that which is signalling a turn, precludes making the turn in safety. The right turning vehicle is under no such onus. This is in keeping with the section of the Driver's Handbook, that was quoted by Marcos.

I agree I wasn't pointing out which vehicle has the right of way, merely pointing out the difference between an intersecting highway and one which is the same highway, (as defined by the HTA). I have stated previously, LONG ago in the thread that the left turner must wait until it is "safe to complete his turn"

seeing that it's called "right of way" and the purple car is going right, I would say the purple car for $350 Alex.

However, I think if light is amber it is common curtesy to let the blue car complete left turn.

The blue car should not be in the intersection if it's amber. Before making a left the car should have a clear path i.e NO oncoming traffic, before entering the intersection.

Back
Top Bottom