I recommend Desjardins Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

I recommend Desjardins Insurance

sarxy

Bike: 2013 Ninja 300

I've had my M1 since June 2013, and M2 since August 2013. I just got my G2 in December 2013. I'm 21 and every other insurance company was giving me a very high rate:

Riders Plus: 4900
Intact: 4866
JD Smith: 4900
TD: 3400

Most brokers also could not find much of anything for me. I found Desjardins (Certas Direct Insurance Company) randomly and it wasn't listed on the FAQ flow chart thing ("Which Insurance Company Will Give Me The Best Rate???") Here's what I got:

For 1mil liability:

1460 a year.
or 121 a month

I found this rate to be really good for a relatively new rider. Anyone else have good experience with Desjardins?

Last edited:
They put my car insurance up $60 a month because I moved to Brampton. WTF.

No one likes Brampton. Insurance there is a joke. I have a friend who has his raised for moving 6 blocks from where he was. He's now left Brampton.

i dont think i would have that much luck with my supersport lol !!!

good luck if you ever need to claim an accident with them
i had one back in Feb 15 and im still left with out a car
not at fault rear ended
car is at the pound and they are refusing to pay storage tow or rental
they told me my car was drivable
mean while i broke my right hand in the accident and my car is stick

What the ****? What's your postal code?

That's an UNREAL price...............WOW. Calling Desjardins right now lol.

So i just called them...I'll be 22 in 2 weeks...

2012 Kawi Ninja 250
M1 - May '13
M2 - July '13

$3,500. LOL. The **** is this!!!!!

Last edited:

2012 Kawi Ninja 250
M1 - May '13
M2 - July '13

That's a stupid price. Any tickets?

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

Ouch! I'm sure you can find better!

Did you try State Farm? I have a 250 Ninja and my insurance is $700 a year with 2 tickets!

Keep shopping!!!

Sorry to hear about the accident MPS, get better! Hopefully they will do something soon to correct the issue. If not, call and don't stop until you get a solution to your problem.

State Farm won't touch him.. Because of this in his post.

I've had my M1 since June 2013, and M2 since August 2013. I just got my G2 in December 2013. I'm 21 and every other insurance company was giving me a very high rate:

So he doesn't meet the criteria for SF.

Ouch! I'm sure you can find better!

Did you try State Farm? I have a 250 Ninja and my insurance is $700 a year with 2 tickets!

Keep shopping!!!

Sorry to hear about the accident MPS, get better! Hopefully they will do something soon to correct the issue. If not, call and don't stop until you get a solution to your problem.

State Farm won't touch him.. Because of this in his post.

So he doesn't meet the criteria for SF.

I'm not sure about age, but State Farm gave me a high quote based on not having a G license. I'm 29 and a new rider this year.

I'm not sure about age, but State Farm gave me a high quote based on not having a G license. I'm 29 and a new rider this year.

Correct, that was what I was pointing out he said he got his G2 in Dec 2013 so SF won't touch him they require 5 years with a G licence

2012 Kawi Ninja 250
M1 - May '13
M2 - July '13

Wait until 1 year after your M1 or M2 (I forgot which one).

LOOOOOOL $6500 for my Vulcan 900. M2 in March 2013, I'm 23, L1V 7H4, 1 minor ticket in March 2014.

Honestly it seems like the more I call around, the higher the quotes get. I should just stop and be happy with what I've got.

Last edited:
Most brokers also could not find much of anything for me. I found Desjardins (Certas Direct Insurance Company) randomly and it wasn't listed on the FAQ flow chart thing ("Which Insurance Company Will Give Me The Best Rate???")

I created the flowchart more as a guide, and I did it a while ago so it might require some modifications now (since rates by company change). Sometime I'll get around to updating it, but I would have to understand Desjardins' eligibility criteria first (i.e. what will the insure, what will they not insure)? I'm glad you found a good rate -- happy riding :)

The only reason I don't use Dejardins is because they threw up 25+ age restriction on RHD vehicles before banning coverage on skylines. :angry1:

good luck if you ever need to claim an accident with them
i had one back in Feb 15 and im still left with out a car
not at fault rear ended
car is at the pound and they are refusing to pay storage tow or rental
they told me my car was drivable
mean while i broke my right hand in the accident and my car is stick

According to JD Power, Desjardins ranks near the bottom for "Customer Satisfaction" for the 21 companies shown; however, the variance in "satisfaction" from worst (729) to best (794) isn't that great. It seems that Ontario/Atlantic insurance policyholders are generally satisified, regardless of the company.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2013-canadian-auto-insurance-satisfaction-study

5d90c9220a0d02b701ac8b37777c9372-600x800.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom