Interview question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interview question

abkdt41

I have an interview on Monday and the HR person sent me an email

In the email she asks me to "Be prepared to discuss 2 to*3 recent career accomplishments*that*set you apart from other candidates in your industry"

I need some help on how to tackle this question... In not looking for specific examples, but more of what accomplishments sound i be highlighting

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Depends on the job per se.
If you're in sales, try and showcase tangible achievements like dollars earned/saved per quarter or targets reached/exceeded.

Something less tangibly measured, like IT, focus on what skills or process made you stand out or you did slightly differently than those around you (took extra courses, applied a new style of troubleshooting, etc).

Bottom line, be yourself, be open with the responses you give and don't lie. Better to say you don't know the answer but show you have the skill to get it, than lie about it and get caught.

You should ask what the other candidates have accomplished and take it from there.

I have an interview on Monday and the HR person sent me an email

In the email she asks me to "Be prepared to discuss 2 to*3 recent career accomplishments*that*set you apart from other candidates in your industry"

I need some help on how to tackle this question... In not looking for specific examples, but more of what accomplishments sound i be highlighting

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Without any context (hoping you dont make the same mistake in the interview) be sure to focus on a few things
1) Context
2) What was the problem/objective or challenges you faced
3) What was your thought process to solve the problem.
4) How did you solve the problem
5) What was the outcome and what was the lesson learned.

Tell them before you answer that question you want to know the 3 things as to why you should come and work for them instead of their competitors.

Without any context (hoping you dont make the same mistake in the interview) be sure to focus on a few things
1) Context
2) What was the problem/objective or challenges you faced
3) What was your thought process to solve the problem.
4) How did you solve the problem
5) What was the outcome and what was the lesson learned.

The above is perfect. Be sure to tell your accomplishments in a professional story like fashion with a beginning (problem/objective), a middle (what you did to solve the problem), and an end (outcome/how it is different from others in your profession). Otherwise you will rattle on without getting to your point.

Back
Top Bottom