New to the forum from Bradford area. | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to the forum from Bradford area.

peterm15

Hi everybody. The names Pete.

Obviously im new around here and going to starting riding this season. I just got my M1 and am in the process of booking a rider training course. I was referred to this site by a few members over at torontomazda3.ca

Ive spent my fair share of time on dirtbikes and can't wait to feel how different a street bike is.

I am also in the market for a "beginner" cruiser (shadow, vmax ect).

Spent some time reading threw the stickies and have found alot of useful information that answered many of my questions, so thank you for that.

Anyways enough rambling. Thanks in advance for future help and I look forward to becoming an active member.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hey whatsup. Welcome.

Ride safe and have fun. Good luck with riders training course.

btw, TM3 got a bunch of nice 3's lol

Thanks and will do.

Ya there is some really nice ones with lots of custom work.

I'm just low and slow, far from show quality. The upside to being slammed in a car is its made me alot more aware of road conditions (potholes ect) which I assume may help when riding.

hey welcome,

I see you've ridden dirtbikes, maybe you should look into a supermoto :D!??

I am also in the market for a "beginner" cruiser (shadow, vmaxect)

I really hope that's a mistype haha. Maybe V-Star is what you are after?

See if you can find a good deal on a Suzuki Marauder 800. They're pretty light, not too powerful for a first time rider, and have inverted front shocks with a low center of gravity - so you'll be able to work on your cornering skills better than most cruisers. If you can find a good one around $2000 you're in great shape.

250 cruisers are pretty useless, unless you're just looking for a cheap city bike. Seeing that you're from Bradford, I'd personally stay away from any cruiser smaller than 500 (750-800 would be perfect, assuming you're over 5'8ish).

Whoops Yup. Vstar. Vmaxx is the coilovers I have in my car.

Sorry. Ive been looking at so many bikes its almost foolish. Even a few Harleys.

The marauder is on my short list as well. I am NOT interested in 250s as my experience in riding an honda xr250 bored out to 283 seems like about all the power id get. But 800 is max for insurance reasons.

My budget will be around $3000-3500 but will need another week or so to make sure I have enough to cover bike, insurance and course. Plus keep up with my other expenses.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

They also make a bike called VMax - it's not exactly a great beginners bike haha
yamaha-vmax-wallpaper-91188.jpg

I started off on cruiser last season, let me know if you have any questions. We're a dying breed it seems :cool:

They also make a bike called VMax - it's not exactly a great beginners bike haha
yamaha-vmax-wallpaper-91188.jpg

I started off on cruiser last season, let me know if you have any questions. We're a dying breed it seems :cool:

Hahaha. Ya dying breed for sure.

Thank you very much.

Welcome. Slammed cars indeed make you more aware. I think it helps too. What kind of dirt bikes were you into?

Welcome. Slammed cars indeed make you more aware. I think it helps too. What kind of dirt bikes were you into?

Just trail riding. Started on an xr50 and have been on everything from Xr50-250
Cr125-250,YZs, up to 4 wheelers. Spent 12ish years riding daily. ... even in winter.

Ive had my share of spills, cracked ribs and broken helmets. Usually doing stupid stuff. Which is another reason why id like to stay clear of sport bikes.

That shows up way to small on my phone to see. But I think it may be a ninja doing a catwalk. If so. Bshahaha.

Anyways. Pulled the trigger on a bike today.

99 vstar custom. Not the colour I wanted but I can easily repaint that. Also it has forward controls and as a newb I'll most likely swap that out for standard ones. Just seems better for a beginner.

jetevy8a.jpg

That shows up way to small on my phone to see. But I think it may be a ninja doing a catwalk. If so. Bshahaha.

Anyways. Pulled the trigger on a bike today.

99 vstar custom. Not the colour I wanted but I can easily repaint that. Also it has forward controls and as a newb I'll most likely swap that out for standard ones. Just seems better for a beginner.

jetevy8a.jpg

Congrats on your new bike!
Looks nice, I would ride a few times with the forward controls and see how you like them before you change them (My father in laws Virago had them and I loved the lazy boy feeling lol)
But it as almost always comes down to personal preference, If your shorter they may be a little difficult to get the hang of.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna give it a couple rips first to double check. I think in time they would be great. But beginning I may prefer the standard controls.

Back
Top Bottom